“Great hotel ruined by bery poor check in staff”

lebua at State Tower
Ranked #82 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I'm currently staying at the lebua, we arrived for check in at 7am, clearly very early and way before the 2pm check in time. I explained we were happy to pay for an upgrade or take a lower room in order to get checked in and sleep. I was told they were at 100% occupancy and therefore a room could not be garunteed until 2pm. They then proceeded to take my number, confirmed he number and told me they would call me as soon as something came available. At 11.15 having pestered them for 3 hours before we spoke to reception and told them we were popping out but to please call us when the room is ready. Having not heard anything from the hotel we returned at 2pm (now being awake for over 24hrs) to be told the room was ready at 11am and that they emailed us, at first when I asked why email and not phoned she said sorry sir when impressed harder she told me the phone wasn't working. The manger came out and said she watche the girl call me and the phone didint work. Strangely when I tested the number it worked so either the manager and staff at lebua are liars or they are incompetent when it comes to dialling numbers. Furthermore according to the manager it takes 2hrs to prepare a room but at 9am, 10am, 10.30am and at 11.15 when I spoke to reception no one knew a room was going to be ready at 11am. EXTREMELY disssapointed, especially since the manager preffered to argue with me than to compensate us in some way. VERY POOR! But the hotel is lovely and very clean, the rooms are excellent and he breakfast buffet is spectacular. Just don't rely on good service from front desk.

MR KARAM

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Sqeeda
Write a ReviewReviews (7,501)

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This is a review of the breakfast buffet and not the hotel. I heard great things about the spread and made the trip across the city to check it out. Breakfast is my biggest weakness as a western traveler.

The buffet included a very nice selection of fresh juices, the carrot juice was spectacular. (I am not a juicer so take that opinion with a grain of sale) There were the traditional made to order eggs and omelet options, as well as a very nice spread of fresh pastries. There was a selection of more traditional stir fried thai food, although this was not as excited as I had hoped. There were some fresh dumplings as well as a small sushi selection. Fresh ham, sausage and bacon were also available.

Other than the pastries and the fresh juice I felt this breakfast was very average. Not average in a bad way but nothing I will remember down the road.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony Q
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The lobby was beautiful and the staff very nice, though the check-in process took way too long. The room itself was somewhat dated and plain (though it had a kitchenette, which might be nice for some), and the hallways smelled bad. However, the view from our balcony was fabulous - especially at night. This is the best part of the hotel, in my opinion! Also, the breakfast was lovely - very large buffet with many, many options and good service. The pool was also very nice. We ate at Sirocco (up at the top!), which turned out not to be the best experience - especially for the money - but romantic. One tip - if you tell the taxi or tuktuk drivers you're staying at lebua, they want to charge you way more! Pick a nearby spot to tell them instead ;)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Hotel is centrally located and have all facilities. Staff service from reception to checkout is excellent. Rooms are specious and having all facilities. Any additional facility require was provided quickly. Breakfast was also nice. Our 2 days stay was very satisfactory.

Room Tip: River facing room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome!! Incredible view, beautiful rooms, service and people are so friendly and helpful, close walk to sky rail. The breakfast and meals are delicious with a huge variety... Definitely recommended and will return :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here on recommendation. Good things first - huge rooms, clean bathrooms and amazing views. But this hotel is dated. When carpets start to wear and towels aren't fluffy it's time for a refresh. The sky bar has a great view but the drinks are watered down and out of this world expensive. And it was a real squeeze up there - as hotel guests I wanted to feel like it was more exclusive. I've stayed in several other hotels in Bangkok and for the money you can do a lot better. The pool area only gets a couple of hours sun a day and is windy - for me that was a real let down, we ended up at the Anantara pool which was amazing - I would highly reconmend that. Try harder Lebua and treat yourself to a lick of paint - you can do better!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2013

If you are looking for a Hotel that can meet every requirement you can ever want.
This is the place to be.
Thailand has many great Hotels including the Penninsula,Oriental and so on. I have stayed in them,but hats of to the Lebua. Totally outstanding in my opinion.

Room Tip: Nearly all the rooms are suites, so dont worry you wont get a bad onr.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family