“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!”

Ranked #90 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel as the latter part of our honeymoon (first part in Khao Lak). Both my husband and i agree that this is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in both in terms of luxury and service.
The rooms are all suites with kitchenettes, large luxurious bathrooms, large beds which are super comfortable and balconies which afford breathtaking views of the city.
Sirrocco restaurant and the Sky Bar on the roof are a must visit even if just for one drink, it is so surreal being literally on top of the world and absolutely fantastic. We ate at Sirrocco and the food was great, as it was our honeymoon we got a complimentary cake and a glass of champagne. The atmosphere was buzzing and a live jazz band and singer performed.
We got a voucher to eat at Mezzaluna with $45 USD off the price - when we looked at the menu though we realised that this wouldn't go far as it is super pricey there - we skipped starters and desserts but it still cost us £200 for 2 x mains and 2 x drinks (not wine)!! As you would expect the food was delicious although I would advise to give Mezzaluna a miss as it is indoor and a bit more formal and stuffy without the great views - the sort of place Thai MP's might eat!
Service from the staff was superb at all times and we couldn't fault them.
Breakfast has a great coice of options and a choice of eating indoor or out.
The hotel has a great pool and fitness suite too.
I was sorry to leave and would defo stay here the next time i visit Bangkok.

Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LittleOtter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,031)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We stayed at Lebua for 2 nights and got an amaxing deal online. We hadn't realised how brilliant this hotel would be. It's not just how the hotel looks, the thing that really stood out for us was the service and the effort the staff put in to make you feel special - real individual treatment. Although the location wouldn't be my first choice, I'd rather stay here for the 5* service than anywhere else! And the breakfasts were unforgettable too!
I would recommend going for a drink or two at the sky bar (just don't wear flip-flops) but don't bother eating there - the food was forgettable and hugely expensive. When Bangkok has got such amazing food to offer, why would you spend 5 times the amount on unexciting dishes?? It's a shame they've got the restaurant so wrong.
But I would still come back to stay!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fruitpastille
San Francisco
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I am a huge fan of this hotel! I've stayed here on numerous occasions and it is, by far, the preferred place for me.

The rooms are sizable and stylish. The views... incredible. The restaurant and bar on the top floor is the really the best part of the Lebua experience.

I can't say enough... and I can't stay enough.

The only downside of the Lebua experience is getting off the elevator on the ground floor, walking out on the street and realizing how fortunate you are compared to the rest of the world below.

Big tip... booked online on both Lebua and Agoda and got rooms for about $120 per night. Well work the price.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tonypappa
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I stayed at the Lebua @ State Tower for 2 nights over a weekend. I booked online through the hotel's website and managed to get very good online rates. The reservations staff were also very helpful in organizing our requirements (extra bed in one of the rooms, late check-out, pick up at the airport, etc.).

The hotel is stunning - beautiful lobby, rooms, bars and restaurants. Check-in was very easy (done in our rooms) and check-out was very quick. Service was excellent.

The only downside to the hotel is it's not right in the centre of town near the shopping and restaurants. However, this wasn't a problem for us at all since taxis were cheap in Bangkok and you can easily grab one to get to wherever you want to go in the city.

I'll definitely stay at this hotel again if I go back to Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank corky_c
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed in the Lebua for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon and I can honestly say that of the 4 different hotels we stayed at on our trip, this one was definitely the best by miles. They even baked us a happy honeymoon cake which was in the fridge on our arrival.

What makes this hotel stand out is their staff who are truely outstanding, every single member of staff was so polite and couteous, nothing was too much trouble, some of them even knew our names by the end of our short trip - absoluely fantastic and they are a credit to the hotel.

The breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel in the world, the choice was endless and I found myself getting excited everyday on what selections would be on offer. The menu was so extensive and the quality outstanding.

We ate in the hotel twice and on both occasions these were some of the best meals we had on our entire trip (although the wine was pretty pricey).

If you come to Bangkok you must stay in this hotel - you will not regret it!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lg2353
London
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Loved this hotel. I heard that all the rooms are 'suites' and the size of the rooms certainly justify that tag. The views high up are amazing and the Sirrocco bar up top is simply breath-taking.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank PadieO
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed here on our honeymoon. The staff treated us like royalty. The rooms were massive and the views from the balcony and roof top restaurant and bars are amazing and especially at night.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple