“Good choice”

Ranked #106 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
North East
“Good choice”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This review would have praised this hotel heartily if it wasn't for one point - the hardest most unforgiving beds we've ever slept on. This is a beautiful and stylish hotel with great staff and a brilliant setting but we had three nights of excruciating back pain because of the mattresses. Concrete has more give in it. Sort that out and this hotel would be near perfect

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank bamNorthEast
Myla C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Khun "bamNorthEast",

Greetings from Dusit Thani Bangkok!
Thank you for your time in conveying your feedback on how stylish the hotel is and its location...Our staff are happy to know that you are satisfied with our service.

On the other note, we appreciate your feedback regarding the bed mattress and we do apologized for your inconvenience. Sleep experience is one that we also value most for our guests...a pillow menu is also available in each guest rooms to ensure guest comfort. We have noted your concern for our reference. Thank you for your feedback.

Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I felt a bit awkward walking into the Dusit Thani all sweaty from the sky train with my big dirty backpack, but the staff immediately put me at ease. Every single employee was absolutely delightful and gracious and made me feel completely at home. The room (executive suite) was amazing and having the fresh fruit, tea, and wonderful toiletries made it even better. The breakfast buffet was easily the largest and most delicious I've ever seen with fresh fruit, a salad bar, a wide variety of breads and pastries, some of the best quiche I've ever tasted, a noodle soup station, an omelet station, a waffle tree, and delicious hot dishes like dahl and baked eggs. The massage I received at their spa was one of the best I've had in my entire life (and I'm a bodyworker!) both due to the quality of service and of skill of the practitioner. All in all I had a spectacular experience at this hotel. Oh, and I forgot to mention the location is also ideal right beside the skytrain and across from Lumpini Park which reminds me of Central Park :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Khun Camille,

We are truly humbled by your compliments; Reviews like these are the ones that are keeping us passionate to drive in delivering a high standard of service to our valued guests...It is very good to be complimented by doing your passion...Thank you very much! You have also made our Chef smile when we convey your compliments on the wide variety of Buffet Breakfast selections.

We are glad you enjoy your spa experience, too! Yes, I agree with you, our Spa is one of the best and a must try when you visit Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Again, many thanks for sharing your spectacular experience with us and we do look forward welcoming you back on your next visit!

Bangkok
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was disappointed that how can Dusit Thani change non smoking floor to a smoking floor while I was still staying on that floor and they did not inform me beforehand and provide me with a non smoking floor. Though they did upgrade me to another room, but the new room has smaller bathroom and smaller fridge, smaller TV, no microwave (which previous room had), no iron and ironing board (which previous room had), I wonder if I have been downgraded!!! The telephone line at the "upgraded room" wasn't connected and I have to connect it myself. The mini bar fridge wasn't cold! I bought fruits and put it inside and after awhile it become warm! Very disappointed with Dusit

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Myla C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Khun Hong Zhiwen A,

Sawasdee kha from Dusit Thani Bangkok!
It is with sincere apology that I am responding to your review regarding your unpleasant experience during your stay. After you requested for a room change due to strong cigarette smell in your original room, our staff made a quick effort to move you to the most available Non smoking room. However, we have overlooked your comfort when we did the upgrade as all Non Smoking Rooms were all booked during that period...We sincerely would like to convey our apologies for your dissatisfaction on your room upgrade and hope that this won't discourage you to visit us and give us another chance to deliver you a more pleasant experience and service that truly reflects our Dusit culture.
Please feel free to contact me for future assistance on your next booking, email: myla.caceres@dusit.com
I'd be very delighted to welcome you back on your next trip.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed with a group of friends on 28th April for three nights. The hotel was simply stunning . We stayed in an executive suite.The staff were wonderful. Food ans service excellent. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Myla C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Khun Sue,

Greetings from Dusit Thani Bangkok!

We are so delighted to receive such great feedbacks from you. Your comments will be conveyed to all our Management and staff to commend them for a job well done.

"Happy Guest Makes Happy Staff and vice versa..."

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Bangkok in your next visit to Thailand.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was overwhelmed with the friendliness and attention of the staff. My room was so comfortable and there seemed to be no detail at the hotel that was overlooked. The fitness center was one of the best I have ever visited in any hotel. Excellent stay in Bangkok. You can read more at http://www.thiswaytoparadise.com/dusit-thani-bangkok/

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Madam,

Greetings from Dusit Thani Bangkok!

It was indeed a great pleasure receiving such a great feedback from guests like yourself....
We have conveyed your comments to all our Dusit staff and they are so happy hearing how they have made your stay a memorable one.

We appreciate your kind thoughts in sharing your great
experiences during your stay with us.

On behalf of the Dusit Thani Bangkok Team, thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in your next visit to Thailand.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good location to travel around the city with BTS or MRT;fast and efficient. Lots of fun nearby the hotel; street stalls of various kind to let you experience local style of living; middle class experience at Silom Complex five minute walk further. Stay at Hotel to ,treat yourself like King & Queen; fine dining, famous spa

Room Tip: Try the executive floor rooms to enjoy spacious room & exceptional rights.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Khun Steve,

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Indeed, the location of the hotel is perfect for travelers who loves to experience local style of living enjoying the street stalls nearby and where shopping is accessible via BTS and MRT conveniently located next to the Hotel entrance. And yes, the newly renovated shopping Complex (Silom Complex) is a must visit being located 5 minutes walk from the hotel!

Thank you very much for the positive review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have been staying in the Dusit Thani Bangkok from 1987 onwards, usually 2 or 3 times per year. Never have been disappointed about our stay. Absolutely 5 stars de luxe. Excellent atmosphere, service, food, very clean and can be recommended highly. Rooms are top. specially the Grand Rooms and Suites. Food is excellent, you have a great choice of restaurants in the hotel : Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai ( in our opinion one of the best of Thailand, the Benjarong ), Italian, French, steakhouse, coffeeshop, really more than enough choice. No complaints from our side during the long time we have been coming here.

Room Tip: either grandroom or suite are recommended
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sukanya J, General Manager at Dusit Thani Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ivtc,

On behalf of my team, I would like to express my appreciation for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. Thank you very much for the positive review and for the compliments on our services and facilities. It is indeed a great pleasure to know we have your continuous support.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any assistance on your next visit to Dusit Thani Bangkok.

The Grand Old Dame looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sukanya Janchoo (Mrs)