“Feel Pretty Special!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #100 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Feel Pretty Special!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Dusit Thani for our first trip to Bangkok. Wow what a wonderful experience! This must be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff were so lovely in every part of the hotel. They made you feel very special every time you walked in to it. The hotel is in the business part of Bangkok so there were a lot of people in smart attire. We on the other hand were tourists so we were in shorts and T-shirts but we were treated no different to the others. Breakfast was amazing and again the staff went out of their way to make sure you had what you wanted. I asked for a different tea for my wife and from then on they would have a pot of this tea ready for her every morning. They have their own gourmet cake shop!! I have never had cakes before that taste that good!! When we go back to Bangkok, we will be staying there again.

Room Tip: We had a superior room over looking the pool. The room was very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in my entire life. They caring and every customers voice is heard from the gernal manger to the front desk staff. I believe this place is pretty come to Paradis. You wanna live like a king. Stay at Dusit Thani

Stayed July 2014
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel and i just cant fault it !
My favourite part is the breakfasts !!! wow ! They can cater for every nationality and diet. I think this may be largely to a wonderful chef Amit Das. This gentleman went out of his way to help me cater for my gluten free diet. Amit would come out of the kitchen and chat to you and make dishes especially for you. this made me feel so special and he didn't have to do this !
On the day that I was leaving he even packed me some takeaway goodies in case the airline had forgotten to order my special meal . What a gentleman, I will never forget his kindness and thoughtfulness.
The bedrooms are lovely and have everything that you would wish for for your stay. We had a suite which was also lovely. Very clean and very quiet. the blackout curtains and the quietness results in a lovely peaceful nights sleep. The hotel has a lovely Thai feel to it, which I love as some Thai hotels, try to have a European or American feel to them , which I don't think is necessary whilst in Asia !
The hotel is also in a good central position for markets and shops. Personally i cant fault this hotel and would definitely return again !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel had a renovation plan for their lobby but didn't tell customers before signing the contract. I happened to see it myself 2 days before my wedding day. The salesperson called to apologize with LAUGHING VOICE telling me that my two party rooms were still ok. There are reasons why ppl choose a hotel. Lobby is one of them. Other services were fine. This salesperson should be improved!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

1 Thank Varisa U
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I certainly would pick Dusit at my first choice of hotels when I travel in Bangkok. Their service was excellent and responded to my needs timely and properly. Although People saying they are a bit old, I very much enjoyed kind of traditional atmosphere there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Chiang Mai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The Dusit Thani is located centrally with good transport links. The service is outstanding, by far the best we've seen out of our stays here including the Shangri-La and Sheraton. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious. We received a free upgrade to the Club Lounge where the service was excellent. I would strongly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JaneEve
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

When I arrived at bangkok I asked my friends about the top hotels in bangkok and they told me Dusit Thani and sofitel are one of the best ones in the region. I been staying in sofitel for the past week and today I checked in dusit Thani to see if what my friends are telling is true. Believe it or not I was disappointment at the moment I walked at the check in desk as they had no room ready for me to check in so I had to wait at the pool side for an hour. However I wasn't so disappointment, I finally got a room and I put my luggage and try to rest on my bed as I was exhausted from the heat of Thailand. Before you know there is some construction work going on the floor above me and I couldn't close my eyes for a minute. I write reviews for certain hotels in London and I would like to left you know that I will share my experience on agoda and trip advisor about my experience. I am very sad and disappointment at my experience at dusit Thani hotel and would not recommend to anyone or stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014