I stayed here while working at the UN in Bangkok in November and was satisfied on all counts. When traveling for business I need basically three things: convenience, a good breakfast and powerful wifi. This place had all three of these down, no problems whatsoever.
The room was very large, with a big, soft bed and a nice desk area set away from the rest of the room, which was perfect for working when I returned to the hotel. The room also had a little balcony overlooking the pool area, though I never really used it--anyway it looked a bit too small to enjoy comfortably, though they did put two chairs out there somehow.
Breakfast was the highlight for me. There was a massive buffet with dozens and dozens of hot options, plenty of fruit, a great salad bar, and for me, tons of vegetarian items. Ideal in every way. The hotel lobby had some decent food on the menu, too. We ate there once or twice and weren't let down. The lobby is also comfortable enough for drinks, with decent prices. It's not a glorious place, but totally comfortable.
The pool was also fine, not crowded. Swam in it once and was happy, though it was definitely cold.
The staff was fine, and check in/out was painless. Calling taxis does seem to take an eternity, though, and I definitely think they need to work on their taxi situation. It was always disorganized and unclear what was going on or whom to talk to. Long wait for taxis. This hotel also isn't tremendously convenient for the BTS. You can get to it, but it's just not perfectly convenient.
Would definitely stay here again and very likely will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Princess Larn Luang is a venerable local institution, situated in the heart of historic old Bangkok amidst sweeping tree-lined boulevards, centuries-old canals, the Grand Palace, ancient temples, and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, United Nations agencies including Khao San Road. This charming boutique hotel offers 167 wonderfully appointed guest rooms with a gracious welcome and warm personalized service A modern business centre and meeting rooms cater to guests' business needs while a shady, secluded swimming pool offers a great way to kick back, relax and refresh. The Lobby Lounge and Bar provides an excellent start to the evening's entertainment. Take a well deserved break at our Princess Club on the hotel's top floor every evening. There are four fine restaurants catering to a variety of tastes. Savour for instance The Empress's Cantonese cuisine or the Piccolo's Italian flair. Alternatively, enjoy Mikado's authentic Japanese dishes or indulge in the Princess Cafe's fine international menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Princess Larn Luang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Princess Larn Luang Hotel Bangkok
- Royal Princess Larn Luang Bangkok