“It was the best and I was that impressed I became a member”

Pathumwan Princess Hotel
Ranked #53 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne
“It was the best and I was that impressed I became a member”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I recently stayed at the Pathumwan PrincessHotel in Bangkok Thailand. What can I say I was greatly impressed by hotel. Great location, room was large and comfortable and service was top notch. The hotel was slap bang in the middle of the MBK shopping centre and also convenienly within walking distance to other shopping centres. The staff were very courteous and helpful. It had several restaurants and a cafe bistro which made a mean cup of cappucino. This hotel certainly ticks al the right boxes in my estimation. As I said I was that impressed I became a hotel member and will now be receiving e newsletters. I highly recommend this hotel for either a traveller who is solo and also to the family unit because believe me the hotel can cater to all types of travellers.

Room Tip: My room was superior room overlooking city. Windows seem to be double glazed as I did not appe4ar ge...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank homerMelbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We recently booked interconnecting rooms- ( one of the kids slept in a rollaway bed). We found the hotel ticked all the boxes for us , service was excellent, great buffet breakfast, fab outdoor pool on the 8th floor, gym with lots of class options ,and ultra convenient to
MBK, and Sky Train.
Since my last stay 3 years ago the rooms have had a great refurbishment. Staff very friendly and ever so honest, I left a very small amount of foreign cash in the safe on vacating the room,however by the time I reached reception to check out, the reception staff had been alerted to my faux pas!!!
Take the time to grab some Fast Asian food from the food court on level 6 MBK, very reasonable , fresh with lots of options once coupons are purchased.
All in all, a great stay thank you !!!

• Stayed July 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2011

On my last trip to Thailand, I booked an executive suite for my arrival in Bangkok as well as the last few days before my departure. I have to say that it was one of the best hotel decisions that I have made on my travels. The suite was luxuriously comfortable, the pool and fitness facilities were superb, and the Club Lounge experience provided a daily oasis in Bangkok. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, and the location doesn't get much better as it is close to the skytrain in the heart of the Siam Square area. I'll be back without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank IamJames
Pune, India
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have stayed at Pathumwan on 3 of my 4 trips to Bangkok and I rate it very high.

This hotel is strategically located within the MBK and is very close to Siam Square and all the big malls. With traffic being a nuisance in Bangkok, it is great to stay in hotel with a perfect location. It is also connected to the BTS through MBK.

The rooms are excellent and at par with any other renowned hotel chains. The rate tends to be slightly on the higher side during peak season but i personally feel it is worth the surcharge due to the location.

The staff is very co-operative and are helpful with early check-ins and late check-outs.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vikramogale14
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 26 July 2011

It is a luxury & beautifully appointed hotel in a great location, It is quiet, clean & private. The staff is exceptional! Room was fantastic, had everything and more to make stay just perfect. Fantastic service from all members of staff. Breakfast was excellent. We really liked the boutique atmosphere and will definitely revisit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolyn8298
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have just returned from staying 2 nights at this hotel. I was lucky enough to be upgraded and had a beautiful large room with a view down to the pool. I found the staff at reception very friendly. Breakfast was included in my rate and thourally enjoyed it. Pool fantastic and loved the happy hours firstly at 12 and then again at 4pm. Access to MBK was great, allowed me to shop for a bit, then come back to the pool for a bit then back again. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank medube
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Just returned from a 3 week stay at the Pathumwan Princess. Stayed in a suite with breakfast and business lounge privileges.
The suite was nice and big enough. The gym and pool were great.
Honestly wouldnt bother paying the extra for breakfast and lounge privileges again though.
The manager in the lounge was not very welcoming and we were often not up early enough to get breakfast.
MBK right next door has great food for any meal so in future will be going there for breakfast. Black Canyon Coffee 7th floor and Sumo ground floor very nice restaurants for either Thai or Western food and the great food court.
Or stocking up the fridge in the room.
We had a great coffee maker in our room.
Will absolutely stay here again, though mostly because of location, and the gym and pool.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple