This was a great experience because we booked into an ExecuPlus suite (well worth the extra money) and travel to from the airport was impeccable.
Harvey World Travel did the booking and used Tour East Pty Ltd for the airport/hotel transport. Both proved to be extremely reliable, reassuring and were good value for money. We highly recommended them.
The room was a suite with a study, loungeroom, separate bedroom and a huge bathroom. Also we were on the 16th floor so we had a wonderful view of the tropical storms with their stunning lightning. Despite the rain and humidity, the room was comfortable and the air clean and dry (and the airconditioning very quiet).
Breakfast was quite good and the range of foods available was generally fine. Compared to our recent experience in Europe, we found the quality and choice of foods was inferior ( for example the juice was orange cordial ..ugh! not real juice and remember we were paying comparable Western prices).
A valid criticism of the hotel is the lack of wifi and suitable access to the internet. Most international hotels these days provide both for customers at no additional charge. This hotel charged exorbident rates for internet access ($5 for 15 minutes).
The hotel adjoins a huge shopping complex and it is an experience in itself to walk out of the second floor of the hotel into a vast Aladdin's cave of shops extending over five or six floors. A shopaholic would go weak at the knees on leaving the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the epicenter of Bangkok's famed shopping, entertainment and arts district, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel is a multi-award winning property towering above the iconic MBK Center. Blending contemporary comfort with the unmistakable charm and elegance of traditional Thai hospitality, the hotel consistently rates among the highest in both customer service and guest satisfaction, as reviewed by fellow travellers. Favored by corporate guests desiring unparalleled access to the city and holidaymakers seeking an oasis in the center of bustling Bangkok, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel provides sophisticated ambience in the center of the "city of angels." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pathumwan Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Pathumwan Princess Bangkok