We were travelling as flashpackers for our trip so splashing out to stay here on our last night really was an extravagence but I am soooo glad that we did. From the moment we checked in there was nothing I could fault. Whilst checking in we dealt with staff with excellent english and were offered complimentary chilled flutes of berry juice to refresh ourselves. Valets handled all our baggage and it was painless (after an initial booking error was resolved). The deluxe standard rooms were actually better than any I have stayed in at the Hilton or Sheraton. The beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were great, service was great. The only fault that I have with the place, is that it is so slick in presentation you could completely forget that you were in Thailand. It is so homogenised and western that I could have been anywhere in the world.
Location - this hotel is attached to MBK shopping mall so it is very conveniently located for that. The Sky train is also attached to the mall so it is easy to get around.
I think we paid about NZ$160 for the one night but it was worth it for the luxury. I don't think I would stay here long term because there are other places that are beautiful and have more character for far less money. But for at least one, possibly two nights to finish off a trip and get all your shopping done in one place, I would definintely consider coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the epicenter of Bangkok's famed shopping, entertainment and arts district, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel is a multi-award winning property towering above the iconic MBK Center. Blending contemporary comfort with the unmistakable charm and elegance of traditional Thai hospitality, the hotel consistently rates among the highest in both customer service and guest satisfaction, as reviewed by fellow travellers. Favored by corporate guests desiring unparalleled access to the city and holidaymakers seeking an oasis in the center of bustling Bangkok, the Pathumwan Princess Hotel provides sophisticated ambience in the center of the "city of angels." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pathumwan Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Pathumwan Princess Bangkok