“Honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is simply the best I have ever experienced with the attention to detail just first class. I was not able to find anything that was not to my (and my wife's) satisfaction and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The level of service was above all world class and if I could I would rate it 11 out of 10. To cap it all the hotel were kind enough to make us a small chocolate cake to celebrate our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Just book it!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (922)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night because it is rated as 5 stars in Trip Advisor but unfortunately the service was bad and does not met my expectation. First, check in was super slow. It nearly took me an hour to check in but in the end no room provided for me! They talk more than they work. I realized many of the reception staffs are lack of knowledge about the hotel and around the Bangkok. The first impression for me towards this hotel was lack of service, knowledge and you don't feel welcomed at all! When I approached to the counter and wanted to ask a question, the would act busy or avoid the guests if possible. The reason I said so was because I have requested for late check out but when I want to access the lift after 12pm, I unable to pressed the floor. When I walked towards the reception, they don't seem to care until the female manager served us. Their languages was bad. I can see many guests queueing up for at least an hour and some pissed off. The staffs were not trained properly on how to handle the guests during the peak period. Another issue was my late check out when I booked the room package was supposed to be until 3.00pm but I was told that my check out was only until 2.00pm. The check out was slow as well and delayed out time for sightseeing. When I want to leave the luggages, the reception has never been helpful to asked the bellman or concierge to pick up my bag but insisted me to bring it down to the ground floor. Disappointed. I have stayed at others hotel in Bangkok but I never met with those conditions at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AdelineGAT
Matthieu R, Hotel Manager at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Pathumwan Princess Hotel as your home in Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your overall experience. I'm really sorry if your check-in/out was not efficient enough.

Your review helped us to re-enforce our service standards and kindly trust that we will work harder for immediate improvement.

Thank you very much again for providing your time to write a review about Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok.

Kindest regards,

Matthieu Reynaud
Hotel Manager
Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our family stayed at the Pathuwan Princess in July. With two teenagers the location was great, since they could run in and out of the MBK and Siam Centers from the hotel lobby. For being a central hotel the pool area was relaxing and the fitness well equipped, which we can highly recommend.
Our only negative, was that our room was at a lower level and there was some outside noise during the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, do to noise being at the lower levels
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Have stayed in this hotel for 10 times, this August 22 was my 11th visit. Location was great with MBK extension door. BTS only walking distance thru MBK on the 2nd floor.

Pillow in the room was pretty flat, do request for extra to have amore comfortable sleep. Front staff very friendly and helpful. Best of all, is a non smoking hotel. I love this.

Wi-Fi was great.

The only negative I have for this hotel was, they should have change their breakfast menu. Trust me, I stayed 10 times over a period of 4 years, is always the same!

Suggestion for the hotel: they should have put in a microwave in the room. Add in one more glass panel in the bathroom so that water will not splash out of the bathtub when showering.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We loved our 2 day stay at the Pathumwan Princess Hotel. Lovely big room and bathroom. 2 big beds for us and our daughter. Views over the city towards the river were great. We were on the 16th floor and could see quite far. The rates were quite reasonable for our stay. We did not include breakfast so I can't comment on that. The location is fabulous, and the quick walk into MBK was wonderful. We did a lot of our shopping in our first 2 days then left for Phuket. This hotel is great and we will stay again. I cannot fault it on anything.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for a good view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Ramsgate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Have stayed in this Hotel loads of times. The staff are always friendly the rooms are clean and well equipped. The afternoon Tea is not to be missed. If you like shopping then a walk tho the doors takes you right into the MBK centre, the siam paragon and discovery centre is only a short walk and if you want to get around the BTs is right at the end you don't even have to go outside.
I have stayed in lots of hotels in and around Bangkok but like the price and location.

Room Tip: Always try for the Higher floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore

one of the BEST location:
walking distant to BTS (National Stadium station and Siam interchange)
next to MBK and sheltered link all the way to Siam Discovery, Siam Center, Siam Paragon, Central World, Gaysorn Plaza, Erawan till Central Chidlom.

one of the BEST money changer close by

the room is clean, comfortable... staff is friendly and helpful.... the gym is big and complete.... the pool is nice to swim even without goggle, with spacious sunbathing area and jacuzzi pools

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo