“Good Hotel”

Pathumwan Princess Hotel
Ranked #52 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 November 2013

-This hotel has excellent service very friendly front office
and good soundproof room
-Breakfast does not have the kind of food that much if staying more than 3 nights will feel bored because they do not switch the menu
-To walk from the hotel to the Central World Mall will not rain because it has good access

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wisan585

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I only had the privilege of staying in this hotel for two nights, but wow, were they amazing. The hotel is just stunning, the staff are great and the room was fantastic. I even got a free upgrade to a suite on check in!! Talk about superb!!

Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NicNiCaomhanach
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have visited this hotel since it opened and that should say something. Unfortunately, this trip, it has totally lost its edge.

The location near MBK Shopping Centre and Siam is hard to beat and the staff are polite and courteous, if stuffy.

I had Executive Lounge access and this was a nice escape, with a good rang of snacks in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Staff here were very courteous.

The issues:

I contact the General Manager by E Mail ahead of my visit and it went unanswered and wasn't logged.

On arrival the bathroom in my room had ground in stains on the marble counters. I asked to be moved and the replacement room was the same. I asked to speak with the Duty Manager and he took my to a further 3 rooms, all in the same condition. He seemed disinterested and didn't even look at options of moving me to a different class of room and no mention was made of any additional facilities by way of compensation. All I got out of him is "our rooms are in need of refurbishment."

When I tried to use the sink, the cold water wasn't working, though this was swiftly attended to when I reported it.

Most disgusting was when I drained the bath and the open drain in the bathroom backed up and all the flotsam down there came out and smelled disgusting.

Other Points:

The swimming pool and jacuzzi area is attractive and clean and attractive and is open for a good range of hours.

The room was comfortable (beds a little hard) and had a nice city view with big windows and the air conditioning was effective.

Overall:

This hotel could bring its standards back very easily, however the trend for the past 2-3 years has been the wrong way.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to express any concerns
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Robin K
Matthieu R, Hotel Manager at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear valued returning guest,

Thank you for choosing again Pathumwan Princess Hotel as your home in Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I truly appreciate your feedback and I am very disappointed that you were not fully happy with your overall experience at our Hotel Pathumwan Princess we continually strive to exceed each of our guest’s expectations.

All points has been taken very seriously and we will take necessary action regarding our bathroom maintenance.

Your review helped us to re-enforce our service standards and kindly trust that we will work harder for immediate improvement.

Regarding your unanswered email and sent to the General Manager prior your arrival I would very much like to speak with you personally regarding this matter. Few months ago the previous General Manager left the company so it will be very helpful for further investigation if you could resend me a copy of your email sent. I can be reached at matthieu.reynaud@dusit.com

Kindest regards,

Matthieu Reynaud
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my son and husband for 2 nights. The location is perfect right next door to the MBK Shopping Mall. It is easy to do all sorts of shopping and to eat at the food hall within the shopping centre. The Aquarium is also located across the road. I don't think there is a better hotel as far as location goes in Bangkok than this hotel.

The room we had contained a king bed and single bed. It was a spacious, clean, modern room. The bath is deep and large enough to soak in. The rain shower is also much appreciated. There is ample space for bags.

Breakfast. Was a buffet and could be eaten on the 8th floor poolside or on the Ground Floor in the restaurant. The variety was good and it was an enjoyable breakfast.

Pool. The pool area is large, lot of sun beds and a big pool ideal for laps.

Would I stay here again - DEFINITELY.

The staff were extremely friendly and provided service with a smile.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank George S
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pathum Wan is very central for shopping, and Bangkok is the shopping city par excellence. It is in the MBK shopping mall which has a good range of shops, though nothing up market and no international brands. For those shops, just cross the road and go to the Siam Paragon - which has many beautiful stores (not all at the ultra pricey end) - and Siam Centre. It also boasts two excellent food courts (on the fourth and fifth floors) and is close to the National Stadium skytrain stop. The food courts at the Paragon and Siam Centre are also both outstanding.

The hotel is modern and well equipped, with reasonable sized rooms, good facilities. The gym, pool and sauna facilities are good and the buffet breakfast is very good.

The free wifi is rather disappointing in terms of speed and connectibility.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gnomeaz
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 with the main purpose of Shopping in Bangkok.

Pathumwan Princess is located right alongside and is in fact connected to the MBK Mall.

It is a very "businessy" hotel which I guess in a way was okay considering our intent of visiting Bangkok was to shop.

We enjoyed being close to the sky train and found we could make our way almost anywhere with incredible ease.

The rooms were fine and comfortable.

The views from our 20th story room were stunning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for the first part of our Bangkok holiday as its location for shopping was perfect. Located above the MBK perfect for dropping off bags of shopping and heading back out for more. The Siam Centre and Siam Paragon just across the road and direct access to the sky train to get you where ever else you want to go. We were 2 females traveling together and felt very safe in this area.
We had a twin share room which was very spacious with large comfy King single beds, fantastic view from the 22nd floor, and a reasonable sized bathroom ... Don't forget to put down the privacy blind if you don't want your companions to see your every move in there!
The pool area is located on the 8th floor and is a great space with plenty of sun loungers.
I would return here in a heartbeat

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends