“A pleasant stay”

Ranked #154 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
england
“A pleasant stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Prior to our arrival I emailed asking for instructions on how to reach the hotel and was responded to quickly. This impressed me, as other hotels I emailed took a while to reply. We were given a warm welcome and allowed to use the shower facilities in the gym while waiting for our rooms to be ready after our long flight. The room and hotel in general are modern, though the room tv is an old non flat screen type (though this didn't bother us as we didn't use it). The bed was comfortable and we had a good view of the city out of our window high up. The sound proofing and aircon were good, and we enjoyed 3 good nights sleep.
Breakfast was also good, with a wide selection of foods available and tea/coffee served via waiter on demand. The restaurant itself looked modern and tasteful. Can't comment on the gym/pool as we didn't use them.
All in all a good stay, in a hotel well located. Would use again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank drchilli
Neil T, General Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear drchilli,

We note your satisfaction with BelAire Bangkok’s service, facilities and we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our “Services from heart” as it is what we strive for everyday.

Please rest assured that your complimentary comments will not create complacency, instead you have inspired us to maintain our level of service for valuable guests like yourself and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to BelAire Bangkok situated amidst the “Heart of Bangkok” Sukhumvit Bangkok’s prime location.

Sincerely Yours,

Neil Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
ENGLAND
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed here for three nights end of may 13 . I would love to know where the mattresses are from as I had the best three nights sleep I have ever had here! Love the location near to nana bts. Makes it so easy to get around. Lovely birthday cake left by hotel for me on my 30th birthday. Cannot fault hotel

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank MISSTRIPPY
Neil T, General Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear MISSTRIPPY,

I note your satisfaction with our service, hotel’s facilities and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

About the mattress brand is Darling you may visit website http://www.darlingmattress.com/

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to BelAire Bangkok.

Yours sincerely,

India
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I had booked a twin share double room at Belair Bangkok and when I reached there with my family they said that they had only 1 single room available and either I could take that and pay for two extra beds whose charges were almost equivalent to the cost of another room.
Alternately she suggested that if I change my booking and then it would be taken as a walk in booking and for which I would have to pay 3 times the rate at which I had booked. So I got frustrated and went on the site and got a better location hotel - The Best Western Plus on 20 Sukamvit which was a much n=better located hotel and a known chain hotel through Agoda.com.
Further, people who are planning to stay at Belair Bangkok should bear in mind that this hotel is situated in a muslim dominated soi 3 and has mostly arab muslim guests and should be avoided by people planning to stay with family.

Room Tip: Not advisable to stay here with family as the guest are mostly arabic and they stare at ladies a lot...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sanjivnanda
Neil T, General Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Mr. Sanjiv,

On behalf of the management and staff of BelAire Bangkok, we thank you for choosing to stay in the Heart of Sukhumvit thriving Bangkok during your recent visit to Thailand.

We appreciate your concerns, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention.

Regarding your reservation we sincerely regret for the inconvenience that may have caused you by the additional booking on arrival. However, due to market demand our superior rooms were not available on that day. Subsequence, a higher room category for your selection was offered but you chose to decline this alternative.

We thank you for your comments and regardless of the nature of those, we have taken note of our shortcomings and work on making things better. We strive to achieve high standards and your comments are indeed taken seriously,

Mr. Sanjiv, your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for, and indeed customarily maintain at BelAire Bangkok.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

BelAire Bangkok
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We normally stay in the old quarter but decided to stay closer and near a BTS station. It is in extremely close walking distance to the nana station BTS. Our kids loved the breakfasts and there was a good variety each morning that was readily replenished. The staff here are extremely attentive and friendly, the check in was very fast and efficient, the best we have experienced in Thailand in our many visits. A big thanks to Mr Clean who got us to our restaurant booking in time through Bangkok traffic! We had a club TriBeCa room which was perfect for a family with 2 kids, as it has 2 queen beds. If you have laundry go around nana station as there are better deals there than in the street the hotel is in. We would definitely stay here again when next in Bangkok for its convenience, friendly staff and price.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DavisFamilyx4
Dear DavisFamilyx4,

I would like to thank you for choosing BelAire Bangkok as your accommodation choice as well as the time taken to share your comments with us.

I am very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your kind words have been passed on in particular to our Limousine Representative, Mr. Sa-ard or ‘Mr. Clean’ who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate him to keep up the good work.

Please rest assured that your complimentary comments will not create complacency, instead you have inspired us to maintain our level of service for valuable guests like yourself.

DavisFamilyx4, it is certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to BelAire Bangkok.

Best Regards,

london
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

All staff make you very welcome .I am a very light sleeper and was woken up at 4am form very noisy people in the next room, i went to the reception and they changed my room. The rooms are very clean with mini bar and air con unit. The TV was a CRT tv .there are plenty of tv channels in english with lots of sport and news. The bedding is changed every day.The location of the hotel is down a side street of the main road at sol5. the Main Street comes to life at night when all the small stalls line the street with all goods and food . always try and cut down on the price wanted,i saved 50% ON THE GOODS I GOT.The SKY Train is only around 5min walk. FOOD in the hotel is very good and is cooked after your order is placed so its nice and hot .i would recommend this hotel and its on the list of British Airways.a good discount can be had when booking flights and hotel with them .Some things i would like have done at the hotel is to have a inner set of glass sliding windows as this would cutdown noise from the streets etc.and also help to keep the heat out of the room.This in turn would also save on the cost of running the AC Unit. the only other would be to replace the tv with a flat screen tv,this would also save the hotel owners a lot of running cost.saving at least 100watts of power pr tv. per hour. One big plus is Free internet ,just get a password from the reception. I would like to thank all the staff at this hotel once again for there help and great service with my stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank videoking
Dear videoking,

I fully understand of unfortunate circumstances that may have caused you at night time.

We do appreciate your kind comments which have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be address and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests and BelAire Bangkok please to be one preferred hotels in British Airways catalogue.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Melbourne
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed towards the end of June in a Tribeca room. Definitely worth spending the little extra. The staff are so friendly, especially in the Club lounge. The lovely young lady that served us evening cocktails was so nice. Breakfast in the club lounge is very good, and we always had it to ourselves. Foodland is just down the road where you can eat real Thai food very cheaply - 2 dishes and 2 beers for $9! This is our third stay here at this hotel, and I would highly recommend it, due to the fact that it's in a great area of Bangkok, close to BTS and its great value for your money. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank remingtonpark
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at BelAire Bangkok for six nights throughout June 2013. It was very hard to fault my stay at this hotel.

The hotel is very good value and my deal included buffet each morning which is essential for a big day in Bangkok. There is a chef preparing omelettes, friend eggs, etc at an egg station, as well as an extensive range of hot food items, fruits and juices. All of the wait staff are always very accommodating. I also dined for lunch at the restaurant on one occasion and I think I was the only person at that time. The food was prepared very quickly and always with a smile. The food is a little pricey compared to other places nearby but you are paying for the convenience and when I say pricey I am talking 200 baht per meal which really isn't much at all.

The room was very spacious and clean. It included the usual furniture - bed, desk, TV, etc. The TV station selection was a little poor but I didn't come all the way to Thailand to watch TV! At first I felt the room was a little dated but after attending a three day conference at the adjoining Royal Benja Hotel it felt like I had stepped into a six star hotel on my return every day!

All of the hotel staff are extremely friendly and accommodating - always offering advice, umbrellas for the wet weather, taxis, etc. You do not get service like this back in Australia!

Soi 5, where both of the hotels are located, is quite a long street and both hotels are at the very end. It can be very busy and muddy/wet when raining. Although it looks a little bit creepy I found it to be safe and I am a young female travelling alone. There are several 7-11's along the street, as well as massage parlours, a few restaurants, etc. Taxis and tuk tuks are plentiful if that is what you prefer. Be advised that Sukhimvit is a business district and it is quite a drive to tourist attractions, especially during peak hour traffic - it took me 60 minutes in a taxi to get the area near the Grand Palace, etc. It also took me 90 minutes in a taxi from the airport.

I also used the hotel's day spa on two occasions. It would have been nice to know on the first occasion that it is the same price for the service in your room as the spa itself. I opted for the room option for my second massage which was nice as I could play my own music, use my eye mask, etc. The ladies at the spa are also friendly and good at their jobs.

I notice some reviews discuss the construction works around the hotel however this never affected my stay at all - I could not hear anything and there is still plenty of space along the road to walk past. I did notice that they have almost completed another hotel or apartment building next door so perhaps construction works has since decreased since these reviews.

If I happen to return to Bangkok I would definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the 12th floor and had a nice view of the city. It was quite and I could not c...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business