I really enjoyed my stay at the bel aire - it's a small hotel with only about 10-12 rooms on each floor, which meant it was nice and quiet (I need my sleep!!)
I found their room categories a little confusing - on a lot of internet sites for the Bel aire Princess their rooms are listed as: Superior, Deluxe, Junior suite & club tribeca. I booked the Deluxe so we could have internet but when we arrived we were informed internet is in the 'deluxe plus' rooms - it turns out they actually have the following rooms: Superior, Superior Plus, Deluxe, Deluxe Plus, Junior Suite & Club Tribeca. Not a big issue - I've learnt for next time!
The rooms are HUGE and have a funky design, however the bathroom was in need of some major attention (see pic's). It was the worst bathroom I have ever encountered on my travels. I do think they are re-doing them? I hope so anyway!
The lifts were a bit of a problem - there were 2, they were so small and 1 seemed to break down alot!! We were offered a room on the 17th floor but I declined after experiencing the wait up there.
The pool was great relax by - lot's of people have said its small, I don't really know what they are comparing it to, the pools in Phuket maybe? For Bangkok standards this pool was great! The pool side service was a little slow, but I was willing to wait for my burger and pino colada's - YUM!
I found the location fabulous, just down the road from the sky train. Which took me straight to Chutuchuk market or in the other direction to the river, then you can catch a boat to china town. I noticed while I was there that they are busily extenting the sky train, which will be great! The street the hotel is located on is good, it has a great pub, two 7/11's (one is right across the road from the hotel) and a supermarket. Also hairdressers and massages (my mother had a couple of massages and her hair cut and dyed - she would recommend!)
Didn't eat at the restaurant and didn't use the Gym (I got enough exercise shopping!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the boutique hotel favoured by savvy travellers and the city's elite who need to be at the centre of the action. A portal to all the treasures of the kingdom, BelAire Bangkok, is nestled in a quiet street just off bustling Sukhumvit Road, with its wealth of shopping, business and entertainment possibilities.Just a 30 minute drive to the Airport on the Expressway, in close proximity to embassies, the Central World and Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, and mere steps to the BTS skytrain and MRT underground transportation systems, getting around has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BelAire Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel-Aire Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Bel Aire Princess Bangkok