Montien Riverside Hotel
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Panasiri(Bangkok)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssister hotelthe rivershuttle bus servicefree shuttlenice hotelcentral bangkokbig hotelrooms are spaciousenjoyable staybooked this hotelswimming pool isexecutive floornight marketshopping mallbreakfast buffet iswelcome drinkbts station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We went here in Dec 2007. Although it was 6 years ago but our lovely memory always stay. First impression of this hotel was made from their service especially front office lady that help us to choose room and gave us room discount. After checked in, we felt our room was very spacious and had a beautiful chao phraya river view from our room. Breakfast was amazing with plenty of food from western to japanese food. Also we try the swimming pool and spa. Although its location quite far from downtown of Bangkok but tacia and limos alwaya ready to drop you to the city.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights before setting off to travel around Thailand. Its quite a long way away from the airport so I would recommend one a bit nearer if you only want an overnight stay. The hotel is really lovely, I had read some bad reports so I was a little concerned but I need not have worried. The staff were brilliant, the food was good but not excellent, there was a live band or a singer on every night but be warned the drinks are expensive. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I used the gym which was more than adequate for me. The swimming pool looked nice enough, I didn't swim but sat out for a while. There were only 3 umbrellas around the pool which I found a little strange as im sure it would not be expensive to provide more. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed during the stste of emergency in Bangkok so it might have impacted some parts of the stay!

Overall it was a great hotel! The service, like most places in Thailand was impeccable 5 stars!
The lobby had this old time charm and was massive, there was marble everywhere in the whole hotel: bathroom was covered in marble and everything 5 stars!
The room was on the 25th floor (not sure if thats different from the norm, we might have got upgraded, I'm not sure sorry!) and was beautiful with a hardwood floor and an amazing view with large windows that opened for 'fresh' Bangkok air, the air conditioner worked like a freezer 5 stars!
Fresh flowers on the bed and in a vase 5 stars.
The atmosphere was a little dead but that was nice coming from crazy protest streets of Siam square and around Bangkok, sometimes it felt and looked like the 'Tower of Terror' at Disneyland but without the terror and cobwebs! 4 stars
And they had live music in the lobby bar every night which was fun! 5 stars
Shuttle bus was great and free but had to book and only went limited places, 4 stars
Location was a negative and a positive: It was great to be away from the protests in Siam square and other sites that were in the middle of Bangkok so we didn't mind the drive places because we were safe! So it was good for then but if there isn't a protest it would be an unnecessary and annoying distance: 4 stars for protest times, 2 stars regular times
The pool was nice but unheated and older looking but the worst part was that you had to pay 200 baht (7 Australian dollars) for the sauna, so unnecessary and should be included with the accommodation price if they offer that service, the woman was also rude about enforcing that rule as were most of the pool staff: 1 star.

Would I stay here again: No, because I want to be 'in' Bangkok city not 20 minutes away from it
Do I recommend others: yes If they are looking for something away from the buzz of Bangkok but with fine accommodation.

Room Tip: Saw both sides of the views and they were, to me equally good! If you ask for an upgrade, they expect you to pay the extra, not free like the US or Australia.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank zulujoe
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have just had two nights here at the start of our holiday and found the hotel very comfortable and spacious. It is not in the centre of town, but the rooms have good views of the busy river and surrounding area. It took us about half an hour by car from the airport. There are plenty of staff who were all very pleasant and efficient. Breakfast is buffet style and there was a large choice of food. There are several restaurants, but there were not many people in any of them. We ate in The Cafe and found the choice good but a bit limiting for vegetarians but the prices were reasonable. The swimming pool on the 6th floor was large and very good.
We had a standard room which was a good size. The bathroom had a separate bath and shower. There were coffee making facilities and an easy to operate safe too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JudeEB63
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Good hotel. Great view of the river. Very spacious washrooms... the staff was friendly. Food was good. . we were in a group and it was really thoughtful of the hotel to arrange indian breakfast. Could have provided free wifi in the rooms though. Overall a good hotel in it's category.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family