Traveled to Bangkok with the family and stayed in the two bedroom suite on the top floor. This was probably my fifth trip to Bangkok but my first with the entire family. Everything with this hotel is perfect. It's probably one of the oldest and smallest hotels I've stayed at, but every single staff there is courteous, professional, and greets guests with a wonderful smile. Other than having someone feed me food, I think everything was done for me - doors opened, umbrellas held, elevator pressed, etc. This is absolutely one of the best hotels in the world. One thing I love about Thailand is you don't feel like you have to haggle every minute and be on alert for someone trying to rip you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental