The wife booked The Mandarin Oriental for a short birthday getaway trip and i'm very glad she chose this hotel. It's the small stuff that they pay attention to which made it a great experience. My wife was examining some of the flowers in the lobby and one of the staff chimed in a bit about of the other flowers. That's good staff initiative there.
The rooms were nicely decorated, super comfy bed and free wifi. The toiletries (namely the soap) were pretty good, though i wish they were a bit more generous with it. Being a smoker with a non-smoking wife, we got the non-smoking rooms but i wasn't completely left out as there is a small public balcony for you to smoke which is EXTREMELY welcome for someone in my position.
The hotel provides periodic shuttle buses to the closest skytrain. If i had one comment to this hotel to the next level: provide return shuttle buses from the closest skytrain station. It's a bit of a pain to always have to bargain with taxi drivers when coming back late (as they are usually trying to rip you off with high prices). While this isn't the hotel's problem or scope, it would really make things much more hassle free for its guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental