We first stayed here 12 years ago, this is where my youngest then 3 became a water baby!
Since then we have regularly returned. Cannot say that I have ever had any complaints. Love everything about this hotel. Lazing around the pool, taking the boat over to the gym, sitting on the terrace, or get a room facing the river with a balcony! I could sit and watch the river traffic for hours!
Food is always great, we usually go to China House, fantastic modern Chinese cuisine and fantastic atmosphere, the decor is lovely! But a Pad Thai for lunch by the pool is not bad either! Actually may be the best Pad Thai that I have eaten. And breakfast is good wether you choose the a la carte section or the buffet. They have the same staff, it is nice for a place like the Mandarin that they are able to retain their staff who remembers guests, even if we have moved to the other side of the planet and now only visit once a year or so!
We have tried some other hotels in BKK, but truly, this is the place to stay. I mean, if you are going to come here as a stop on your sightseeing itinerary (and busloads seem to do just that) why not just make it 'yours' for a night or two?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Mandarin Oriental, Priceline, Travelbag, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental