My 9th visit to this wonderful hotel. My addition is clearly showing little or no sign of being overcome! Everything was as normal - first class. The addition for me this time was the re-opening of Ciao, the Italian restaurant on the river which had been refurbished since I was there earlier this year. The food was very good indeed, with some expert sourcing of products of the highest quality from Italy. Seems strange going for a meal such as this when in Bangkok but just once in a while a respite from chill and lemongrass is in order, and you won't find a better Italian meal in Thailand in my view. Looking forward to my 10th visit in 2014!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental