Great place to go if you are not going to leave the hotel, which is what I did after being stuck in traffic. No avoiding it because there are no train stations nearby. I was happy to stay in, relax by the pool and sip on the complimentary iced coffee offered at the pool.
The spa is excellent. I had 1.5hr massage and went back the next day because it was so good.
The gym is good and I took a complimentary yoga class which I enjoyed.
We tried the restaurants and they were all very good.
The service was great and it almost justifies the price of the hotel. Because Bangkok offers so many 5 star hotels at USD300/night, it's hard to say if 500-600/night is justifiable for Mandarin. I admit, Mandarin's service is stellar and it is my most favorite hotel chain, but Thai service standards are high in general so I am not sure if I would be willing to pay up 500-600 next time. (We switched hotels in the middle of our trip to St. Regis (300/night), which is connected to the train station and it was very convenient).
I'd recommend this hotel for travelers planning on spending most of their time in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental