Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Okura Hotels
US$91
Trip.com
4,582 results
All reviewsbamboo baracross the riverfloor butlerauthor's loungechina housesala rim naamlord jimbest hotels in the worldgrand dameriverside terracegarden wingthai restaurantbutler serviceview of the riverchao phraya riverhotel boatpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The chosen location for a joint family birthday celebration. The staff were so sweet and kept the birthday wishes, cakes, fruits, snacks coming during our entire stay, although they got mixed up at the start sent same cakes to one of the twin not the other but it was all part of the fun. Luxurious rooms with fabulous view of the river where the hotel boats travel back and forth taking guests from one part of the hotel to the other, personally my favorite boat trip on the river of Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms west facing have fabulous sunset over the river
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

River goes up and down on level.
We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, what a treat!
see all the boats up and down with people and merchandise; come at night to really enjoy it.
might appear dirty on the daylight.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Or as close as I am going to get right now. I have stayed here many times over the years and have just spent another fabulous Christmas at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok. For me it is undoubtedly the best hotel in the world. When you enter the Lobby you will begin to understand why. This year the theme was blue and white and the "Christmas Tree" was made up of millions of white assorted flowers merging into blue near the top. From the ceiling were hung vertical garlands of similar flowers. The whole presentation was absolutely exquisite. For first impressions this hotel is breathtaking and it only gets better.....

The Christmas Eve gala dinner was too fantastic for words, with a cocktail party for guests on Christmas night in the Authors Lounge, serenaded by a choir from a school of performing arts. I am only sorry that this year I did not stay on for New Year as that, from experience, is even better.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Deluxe and request 1515. The higher and further along the corridor the better the view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona V
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Fiona V

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic time celebrating Christmas at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I will certainly share your kind words with our team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back ‘home’ very soon again.

Best wishes from all the team at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Cannot fault this hotel. Get ready for the great service they cannot do enough for you. Brilliant .
One must experience a day by the pool. You get served complimentary iced drink as well as fresh fruit. Breakfast is great as was dinner in the various restaurants they have to offer. Great place , cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMDownunder

Dear DMDownunder

Thank you for such a wonderful review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok! I am delighted to hear you had a fabulous surprise 20th anniversary holiday. We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 27 December 2013

What a pleasure it was to stay in the Mandarin Oriental.

From the moment of arrival to departure the stay was perfect. Our butler on our floor was exemplary. He opened the door for us almost every time we returned our room, greeted with "welcome back to your second home". My shoes were polished without asking.

The location was fantastic. I enjoyed my morning boat ride to the gym.

Prior to arrival my only concern was the rooms may have been a bit conservative and dated. I have to say they are anything but. Elegant and sophisticated are the two words that repeatedly come to mind about 'her'. Every detail has been considered and refined over the years of operation.

I'll be back in my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Drsmorgan

Dear Drsmorgan

Thank you very much for you kind review. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the legendary Oriental butler service. We appreciate your ongoing patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ in 2014.

Kind regards