Nestled right by the Chao Praya River, the Mandarin Oriental (MO) commands a prime position in the city. Our room is well appointed and has a butler service and a partial view of the river. Service is impeccable and prompt. Breakfast on the river terrace is sumptuous and we get to feed the cat fish in the river with stale bread. The river is teeming with fish. The hotel provides complimentary boat shuttle to its Thai Restaurant and spa across the river and to the nearest skytrain station. MO is a destination hotel where one could just relax and enjoy the hotel without venturing into the mayhem of traffic and pollution in the city. Its Chinese restaurant, China House, serves delicious Chinese haute cuisine and the Peking duck is divine. Definitely a great place to stay in Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental