Spent two days at the Mandarin Bangkok after taking the Eastern and Oriental Express train from Singapore and before fluing to Siem Reap/angkor.
Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is all what you expect from the Mandarin. We had a split level premier room with butler service. Very good size room. Bathroom was a bit dated but nothing was missing (although no separate shower from bath). Laundry service is excellent. Pool well appointed with very attentive service. Gym on the other side of the river has all the latest equipment. Restaurants on both sides of the river are worth trying. Expensive but again faultless. Transfer to airport in chauffered limousine with chauffeur wearing white uniform and another staff member waiting for you at airport to take you luggage and queueing for you at airline checkin. Again, excellent service.
Overall, we wanted to spend as much time as possible in the hotel, which is good as Bangkok is not a pleasant city. Traffic is horrendous. We visited the Royal palaces in the center and further north as well as a few wats. We had enough after 6 hours and retreated at the hotel for the rest of the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental