Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
US$101
US$99
US$77
4,583 results
All reviewsbamboo baracross the riverfloor butlerauthor's loungechina housesala rim naamlord jimbest hotels in the worldgrand dameriverside terracegarden wingthai restaurantbutler serviceview of the riverchao phraya riverhotel boatpool staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have been visiting Thailand for the first time and got a suggestion from a friend to stay at the Mandarin Oriental. I stayed there for two nights in December 2013 and it was a pleasure from the first moment. There are only very few Hotels on the world that provide this magical level of service.
The Hotel manager invited me to the Wednesday evening come together with other guests of the Hotel in the library. This by itself was an outstanding experience. I met many very nice people from around the world, which was amazing. Thank you for having me there.
The dinner and breakfast buffet right at the riverfront of the Chao Phraya River was a very nice and relaxing. Whenever I get time to go back to Bangkok, I will definitely stay again in the Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Not the greatest location in terms of convenience, since you'll have to take a boat back and forth. But it has the best view of the temple and river! It also has some amazing restaurants and simply the best service ever! It's perfect if all you want to do is stay inside the hotel :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I hate this place…..it’s ruined my life…..
Since leaving here I’m confused that there’s no one opening doors for me with a friendly smile. Astonished by the fact that people I walk past don’t greet me (by name), and continually disappointed when I reach out whilst lying on my bed and there’s no plate of freshly baked macaroons to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I’ve been coming here since I was a teenager when my parents already decided to spoil me and take me here as part of my first trip to Thailand. This visit made an indelible impression and I’ve been back many times since. In all those years the hotel has maintained it’s exceptionally high level of service and if anything has improved what was already near-perfection.

The thing that makes this place so good is not that it has the biggest rooms, the largest grounds, most beautiful buildings or anything like this. It’s solely down to the staff and the ‘little things’. Even a little incident that occurred during this visit at the restaurant was soon forgiven as the staff manage the situation so well.

It’s these ‘little’ touches that make this place so special, lying by the pool and you're given complimentary ice-cream or other yummie goodies, all homemade and de-lish-ious! Walk into the elevator and before you know it the bellboy has already pushed the floor button for you (without me even noticing), how did he know what floor I was staying on??. I could go on and list a hundred more, but I suggest you stay there yourself and find out, I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you.

I did find one flaw in an otherwise perfect stay. The hotel doesn’t appear to have a 13th floor, where did it go? I presume it’s a superstition thing. But if it is then why is the max capacity of the elevator 13 persons! If the Mandarin Oriental is going to be superstitious then I expect them to do it perfectly, like everything else they do ;-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mike h
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Wow, at Bangkok prices, this reasonably priced hotel, would have cost 5x the price in other "NATO" cities. The rooms were immaculate and current in design. The location, right on the river, provided a lovely, relaxed feel, even given that it is a large hotel. Take advantage of the free ferry service along the river - where most cultural and shopping (touristy) attractions are located. The staff was amazing, attending to most every need and those you might not know you needed - like taking down the license plate numbers/medallions of all hotel taxi pickups for your safety. Would love to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Back in Switzerland, we want to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay in the Mandarin Oriental. Our third visit to the Oriental was again a full success. Everything was perfect from the reception at the airport to the departure. Many thanks to all who made our stay more than agreeable. We were very pleased to stay in the John le Carre Suite and hope to have another opportunity to enjoy the Oriental in the next years.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear willyursula

Thank you for sharing such a fabulous experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our iconic hospitality. Your words of admiration are really exceptional.
I have shared your feedback with our team and they are very happy to read your comments.Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcome you back on your fourth visit.

Best regards