My husband and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for 3 nights in February and had a fabulou time! The location of the hotel is perfect; I loved being on the River. The rooms are pricy but we preferred it to the Peninsula (which we stayed in later in the trip). One day we had a couples Thai massage which was lovely. We never had Tea at the hotel even though it's famous. I just wasn't wild for the setting. We had the Thai dinner show one night. The ladies are beautiful but honestly you can forgo that. I set up my own private tour guide as the one the hotel suggested was about 4 times more expensive than one of the top rated guys on Trip Advisor. I highly recommend a guide as they can get you around the city fast and explain everything to you. You just tell them what you want to see. It truly is a beautiful hotel. I'd go back in a second.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Travelbag, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental