“I came here for a lunch, it's amazing paradise here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Ranked #2 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I came here for a lunch, it's amazing paradise here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This was also on my list. It's difficult to find some cheese when you're European (we love cheese) and stay in Thailand. My research about Bangkok was right!
I went to this amazing hotel for a lunch on the terrace at the river. The staff is very help full and good service.
They took us to a lovely couch with seats.
We've opened the menu. Ok the price list is expensive, but that's right. You're in an amazing place. We enjoyed every moment here and enjoyed the lunch, really good!!!
I was also happy with the wine, good wines! My quote: life is like a party, you only live once!
Don't forget to dress well! It's luxury & glam. Holiday is bummer to go on holiday as worst dressed.
The women staff looked beautifully, nice dresses.
The hotel lobby is like a film set, think about Gossip Girl or SATC inBangkok :)
I recommend everyone to treat you're self for this luxury spot, enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Suzyone
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Suzyone

Thank you for sharing the experience of your visit at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the legendary service and culinary delights. I have shared your comments with our team and they are delighted to know about your excellent feedback on service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ soon for another exquisite lunch or dinner.

Best regards,
Communications Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My preferred hotel! Best service where you can really feel unique! Everything is made to make you happy! From standard rooms to suites, all is fantastic ! Food is excellent and the best breakfast ever! 7 times that we went there and we will continue! Also excellent location!!! Staff is excellent and everything they arranged for us for outside the hotel was also excellent!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EdHeinlein
Dear EdHeinlein

What an honor to be called “the best hotel in Bangkok.” We are so glad to hear how much you and your friends enjoyed the luxuries, culinary delights and legendary service at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ soon!

Sincerely yours
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice looking hotel, great entrance and lobby. Our room overlooked the river. Old-fashioned decorations clearly aimed at well-heeled older travellers. Apparently you were not allowed to wear shorts in the lobby etc, we did not adhere to this but had no problems. Strangely, all three times we were taking a cab to the hotel (from the airport and then again twice at night going out dancing) the taxi drivers did not know where it was and it turned into mini adventures getting there. The tuk-tuk drivers we used had more street sense (but drove like maniacs). Good service with helpful staff in reception. We had to pay for wifi which always seems ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sakse_Joanna
Dear Sakse_Joanna

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay. I am delighted to read how much you appreciated the legendary Oriental service. Thank you for your constructive feedback as well; I have shared your comments with our management team for further consideration. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok in the near future.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The most perfect hotel...absolutely fantastic.
We stayed for our honeymoon and just returned to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. This has to be the best hotel on the planet
If you can visit one hotel before you die then it has to be The Mandarin Oriental

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 159robinrobin

Thank you very much for your review and for your loyal patronage over the years! I am delighted to read that you celebrated your honeymoon and recently your 30th wedding anniversary at ‘La Grande Dame’. We are honored to read that The Oriental holds such a special place in your heart. Thank you for recommending our iconic hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ in the near future.

Kind regards
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Always my dream to experience this hotel since I was a kid. Finally was on assignment in Bangkok and choose to stay here. From check in to check out.....it was impeccable! The staff is soooooo customer focused! The restaurants are superb and room service was fantastic! The whole experience was the BEST! Well done!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Zightzeer

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok; and thank you for taking the time to leave such a superb review in particular regarding the legendary service and culinary delights. I have shared your comments with our team and they are delighted to hear about your excellent feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ soon.

Best wishes
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Oh Mandarin Oriential Bangkok, where should I start with my review...?
I recently stayed four nights attending an onsite conference at the MO Bangkok. This is a smaller property compare to the Pen or Shangari-la near by, but has its old time charm. What really stands out at the MO is its service. I booked roundtrip airport transfer, and a BMW 7 seriers was waiting for me promptly at the airport when I arrived. When we pulled into the hotel, an check in agent greeted me as I was stepping out of the car and I was ushered directly to my room. Brief paperwork was done in my room and everything was explained to me thoroughly. My room was small and had a partial view of the river, but given the group rate we obtained as conference attendee(only about half of MO's regular rate), no complaints there. Shortly after, butler brought over the welcome drink, very refreshing and hit the spot right, especially after almost 24 hours of traveling. The room is clean, spotless clean, and has everything you need.
Serives at the MO is as expected, down to every detail. Breakfast buffet is served on the river side and inside seating is not allowed, if you choose to have the buffet. This is where i think MO can improve, sitting along side the river is great, the view is also great, but with Bangkok's heat and humidity, which easily reaches over 30C in the morning does not make the BF expereience enjoyable.
Hotel's location is very convinent as well. I had half of a day free and was able to easily get to the BTS station via hotel shuttle boat and explore Bangkok. If you do venture out to the city and decided to take the tuk-tuk back, please note that they do not allow tuk-tuk to enter the hotel courtyard, you will need to get off outside of the gate.
Overall i would rate my experience at the MO excellent. The service is absolutely top notch, but perhaps alittle over the top, and you will certainly pay for it. You will definiately be pampered at the MO Bangkok, but i just felt all the extra attention focused on me is a little over the top, but whom am I to judge :)?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jack L
Dear Jack L

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I am pleased to know how much you appreciated your time at ‘La Grande Dame’. I am also thrilled that you enjoyed the various culinary delights and the legendary Oriental service. Regarding the breakfast, we offer our guests the choice between The Riverside Terrace (outdoor venue) and The Verandah (indoor air-conditioned venue).

Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Bangkok. I would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at ‘La Grande Dame’.

Warmest personal regards
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Effortless service, stunning rooms with a great view and superb food.
Airport transfer, the chauffeur for the day and concierge all delivered a professional service.
A true Mandarin hotel - excellent choice for Bangkok

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mads4

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the legendary service from our colleagues. We appreciate your heartfelt recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon.

Best Regards