Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
US$182
US$176
Hotels.com
4,608 results
All reviewsbamboo baracross the riverfloor butlerauthor's loungechina housesala rim naamlord jimbest hotels in the worldgrand dameriverside terracegarden wingthai restaurantbutler serviceview of the riverchao phraya riverhotel boatpool staff
Reviewed 14 July 2014

True to the well paid tributes and reputation, The Oriental had proven itself times and times again over many years. Our most recent stay was nothing less than excellent. From the booking service, which I had called. Noted that the room I had stayed previously is still under renovation, Ms. Ananya Utidchalanon from Reservation had kindly suggested alternative room for us. The room turned out to be lovely and suited us well. Our door key was malfunction, and the floor butler who always stationed nearby noted straight away and had that fixed. Every time we leave our room, even for a short breakfast or a short stroll, when returned to room, we always find room service had already came in to take care of towel, replenish water supply and tidy up the place, up to 3 times a day! We never have to put up please clean the room sign. The service at lobby bar was excellent, with generous replenishment of snacks, again without prompting from us. The manager came to chat and check if his staff service was satisfactory. My request for different menu from the near by Authors' Lounge were met with enthusiasm to ensure customer satisfaction. I know that when I stayed at other hotel, the experience can never be compared to the Oriental Bangkok. To me, this is the World Best Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear thanni999

What an honor to be recognized as the “best hotel in the world!” We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the luxuries and legendary service at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and we look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ in the very near future! Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Being charged US$22 to check your emails is a ripoff. I expect better from a very expensive hotel. It put me in a bad mood straight away. Most top hotels have stopped this stupid practice and offer high speed internet access free.
Its time the Manderin Oriental
joined the 21st Century and included secure, highspeed internet in the room charge.

40  Thank tinandjo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had just completed the "Snowman Trek" in beautiful Bhutan and after 25 days camping I was in need of luxurious rest and repose. I certainly found it at this hotel in spite of a dubious welcome upon arrival. Perhaps it was my somewhat dishevelled appearance! "Are you sure you are at the right hotel" said the fellow, to which I replied "don't be silly, bring my bags to reception"!!!!
After that tiny hiccup, absolutely everything was perfection - the food, the excellent attention from all staff, the luxurious bedroom scrupulously clean. I was particularly impressed by the reception staff who remembered my name when they greeted me as I passed by. I met two Norwegian friends whom I had not seen for several years and to dine with them by the river was fabulous.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank therankinfile

Dear therankinfile

Thank you very much for reviewing Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had such a fantastic time. I regret to hear about your arrival experience; however I am delighted that you experienced the legendary Oriental service, following this incident and throughout your stay.

Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Bangkok. I would be delighted to personally assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lovely hotel, great location. Looking a bit tired now. A hub for the rich and famous in Bangkok. We had butler service which when order a pot of tea was over priced and over the top, Pool was good but not many loungers when busy. Food good though

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deedeep1970

Dear deedeep1970

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location, magical ambiance and signature butler service. We all look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went for dinner because our adult children were leaving to go back to the uk the following day and we wanted to finish with something special. We were not disappointed. We has a table right beside the river and he staff were delightful. The food was great and good portions. This is our 2nd time for dinner here at the verandah and we will definitely be back. We have also been here for lunch and unfortunately service was slow and not great, so will go back for dinner but not for lunch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alibaba1

Dear Alibaba1

Thank you for this truly wonderful review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok! We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful dining experience at The Verandah overlooking the ‘River of Kings’. Thank you once more for this great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ soon!