Have been going to the Oriental for many years.This trip was again brilliant.Service is one of a kind,Verandah food has got even better and nothing is too much for them.They even managed to give me my favorite room on a floor which was I think supposedely closed.
The other reviews have said it all but I would like to make one comment.Bangkok and especially Bangkok tourism is having a tough time.The Oriental must be complimented by keeping such a level of quality in a very depressed market.They are not cutting corners and on the contrary seem to be getting even better.Will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental