We enjoyed three fabulous nights at the MO Bangkok back in April.The city was blisteringly hot and there really is no finer place to retreat to after a busy day of sight-seeing. The hotel was beautifully quiet and the service as exceptional as my last visit five or six years ago.
Little details (complimentary coconut ice-cream) and the usual efforts of the magnificent staff make this place a cut above anywhere else I have stayed.
The cocktail party was an additional bonus and a delight to meet the French manager (or assistant manager?) whilst enjoying cocktails and fabulous canapes.
When next back in Bangkok I really couldn't possibly look to stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental