My husband and I decided to splurge on our last two days in Thailand and stayed at this wonderful hotel. It was a fantastic experience. We booked a superior river vew room and it was so beautiful with gorgeous detail everywhere. The pool was magnificent and we spent a relaxing day swimming and laying about in their daybeds. There are so many choices for food, the terrace by the river is ideal for cocktails in the evening, watching Bangkok go by on the water. The breakfast buffet is superb as are all the restaurants, some very expensive, but others very relaxed. The highlight of my visit was afternoon tea in Arthur's Lounge, a very special place to visit, don't miss it. From the moment you walk into the foyer, you know you have come to a special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Mandarin Oriental, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental