Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$374
US$295
4,608 results
All reviewsbamboo baracross the riverfloor butlerauthor's loungechina housesala rim naamlord jimbest hotels in the worldgrand dameriverside terracegarden wingthai restaurantbutler serviceview of the riverchao phraya riverhotel boatpool staff
Reviewed 20 August 2010

What a historic place. Am quite a fan now....after Mandarin in KL, this was one step better. Hospitality with real class. Will be back when we return to Asia! Service, rooms, breakfast and pool all super wonderful. Treat yourself and stay at least once in your life!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelberry70
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Hotel Oriental in Bangkok is not just an hotel but an experience of pure beauty. Not to be missed !!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I am a frequent traveller to Asia and my happiness is coming to this very good hotel. It is like living in the past and in the very current day, ageless I can say. Even if all around new buildings grow up like mushrooms, this place never changes. It is worth a stay if you can afford it. Some of my friends had to work in BAngkok for longer than 3 months and they decisded tos stay at apartments Lotus and Orchid at TheRiversidebangkok.com and they enjoyed that place too.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank QuaCa
Reviewed 8 August 2010

what a wonderful hotel during my thousand trips to Thailand! I used to choose those modern and comtemporary hotels. My wife said she was highly recommended to stay once in this hotel, and, it performs beyond our expectations! The lady at front door was so warm and welcoming, truly a thailand hospitality. We asked questions concerning sleeping buddha. The lady explained in a very detail way, seemed she really wished to drive us to there! (I hope so, but my wife would kill me.)
Another must try was the spa and massage. Sitting by the river, enjoying the professional massage, was one of the most remarkable experience during this Bangkok trip.
There are millions of hotels for choices in Bangkok. Mandarin is truly pride of bangkok. I must return next year!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2078wvn
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Wow! Nice hotel with personal touch. Me and my friend arrived by cab and doorman opened the door as usual. Check in was fast and butler was called and standby at the lift to escort us to our room.

Butler introduced the room facilities and served welcome drink & cold towel. What amazed me was I plucked a flower from the road side and left it on the writting table. Next day when I came back from shopping, the maid has placed a nice bouquet of flowers in the room.

Room is ideal for two...pretty compact. No nice view at all as ours was facing the river and residence area. But, overall set up was great and clean. Daily fruits been replenished with a little card explaining the type of fruit served.

We have not dine at the hotel as there are plenty of great foods in Bangkok! Concierge given good tips on where to visit and etc.

I would suggest take train instead of cab as the city been always busy should you plan to go out for sight seeing. SILOM is a great place for shopping! Little advice is not to bargain with the traders if you do not wish to buy the item...they will scream at you if you ask for the price and then decided not to buy it.

If given a choice, I wont be going back to Bangkok eventhough things are cheap. However, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok will be my preferred choice of hotel for being attentive and pleasant experience stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends