“The best place to stay in Bangkok ...Near to everything s”

Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok
Ranked #95 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 October 2011

It was my first visit to Bangkok , the limousine driver took me from the airport to my residence , chatrium ...I was impressed by the warm wellcome from the staff .
I stayed there for One weeck , they are nice & freindly... The Brakfast , the foods... The service ...everythings was superbe.
I defenetly recomande this residence ...where you realy feel that you are @ home...
lovely faces behind the reception counter, ready for help...as well as the security guard outside the residence.
Its a place that is Near by almost everythings you need , clean...quiet...Near hyw & supermarkets...
I missed you chatrium... I defenetly call again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph C
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear ‘Joseph C’,

Thank you very much for your encouraging words in regards to your recent stay at the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok. We are all very happy to read about your positive comments in regards to the service extended and you can be sure that we will share your feedback with our team members, particularly with the helpful front office team and our friendly security guards.

Thank you also for recommending us to others.

We look forward having you stay with us again on another occasion.

With best regards to Montreal,

Thomas Grosjean, on behalf of the Chatrium Team

There are newer reviews for Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Pros:
Nice hotel. Big and clean rooms. Very comfortable beds, Big balcony with great view of Bangkok. The breakfast was also very good.

Cons:
Location. Far from the city center and no BTS or MRT nearby. The hotel does offer free shuttles to different areas nearby according to a predetermined schedule and routes.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tuk-Tuk7
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear ‘Tuk-Tuk7’,

Thank you very much for the time you took to review us on tripadvisor.com.

I am very happy to hear of your satisfaction with our property, especially the rooms, beds and the breakfast.

As you rightly stated, we do offer a complimentary shuttle bus to the BTS Sky train station, Chong Nonsi. In addition we have routes to the Central Shopping Mall as well as Tesco Lotus that are situated nearby. The BRT Bus station is situated a 5-minute walk away from the lobby and its bus route connects to the BTS Skytrain station, Chong Nonsi.

Hope to welcome you back to the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Front Desk, Bellboy, Housekeeping, Shuttle van driver - excellent! They recognised me after day 1.

For those who needs their Starbucks fix, there's a Starbucks diagonally across the road. If you're up for some local street vendors food, just a few minutes from Starbucks, there's a stretch of street vendors selling local food. I didnt try the street food, but I did buy fruits from them. Only 20baht for a mango.

Distance to city centre- you can take their shuttle to brt station, then brt to bts towards their city centre. Do not take any taxis or tuktuk from here as the jam towards city centre can be nasty. Despite its location, I like the peace and quietness of this place. As it's near the highway, it means you dont have to suffer the bad traffic jam should you decide to take a taxi to the airport.

But for those who prefer to stay at the heart of the city centre, this place may not be for you as it is at least about 30minutes away by public transport.

If you dont mind travelling a bit, this is a great place to stay with great service. Even the security guards are nice :)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue E
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear ‘sputneek’,

Thank you very much for your nice review on this platform. It is always rewarding to receive positive feedback in regards to our personnel, as they are at the core of the service industry. I will be very happy to share these words with our front desk agents, bellboys, room maids, drivers and of course our security guards.

The BRT bus station that is just a 5 minute walk away from our doorstep is indeed a convenient alternative to the taxis or regular buses, especially during rush hour, due to its exclusive line on the road to ‘beat’ the sometimes heavy traffic congestions. For those other times, our complimentary shuttle service is a good option to get to the BTS skytrain station with connections to the city center and more.

On another note, our lobby lounge also serves fresh coffee and is an ideal place to relax for a while after coming back from a busy day in Bangkok.

We all hope to see you again soon at the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I lived in Bangkok for many years and returned on a holiday, staying at the Chatrium. The apartment was very nice and clean with a lovely maid service. Now with the extension of the BRT and MRT and BTS the Chatrium is even closer to the city center. They do run a shuttle bus (One way) to these stations which saves on a taxi fare. I would have liked this service to be more frequent perhaps every hour during the day.
The only suggestion I would make is that perhaps with the buffet breakfast "beans" or "mushrooms" could have been an option.
Would definately stay again and reccommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an apartment that has recently been re done
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Outwood-Bound
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear 'Heather B',

Just a short note to say thank for your very positive review about your recent stay with us at the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok. I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed our newly renovated residences and have already shared your kind feedback in regards to the maid service with our housekeeping department.

We also appreciate your suggestions on how we may improve our services into the future.

With regards to your room tip, I am pleased to inform that all our available Studio, 2 & 3 bedroom suites have already been renovated. In the 1 bedroom suite category, we currently have both, renovated and non-renovated inventory, and we will be happy to consider requests for the newly refurbished suite types.

Once again, thank you for your review.

We look forward welcoming you back to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We lived in Thailand for 7 years before come back to Germany. Last three years, we went back to visit Thailand couple of times each year. We stayed in many hotels, apartments, condos, which many experiences. We can say now, that we found our place at Chatrium. It will be our place we stay when we go to Bangkok.

The location is super, just 3 minutes you can excess to the expressway which lead you to anywhere in Bangkok. It is so convenient no matter where you want to go, in or our of Bangkok. We were Bangkokian and know Bangkok very well. We give 5 stars for that location.

The service is not superb, liked you stay in those 5 stars hotels, but for us it is acceptable good. If you expect more, there is Mandarin Oriental hotel not far at the corner (beware of your credit card limit). We didn´t use any facilities, such as fitness center, restaurants. We didn´t have time for that. Bangkok has too many things exciting to offer and they took all of our time. : )

Room is spacious, function, good condition and acceptable clean. We paid for internet Lan and Wifi for the whole period we stayed. Once we had problem with it, they had people to service us even it is 23.00 at night (by phone), and again come to your room in the morning.

What´s else do you want to expect more, with the very good deal of such a nice and perfect location in BANGKOK?

See you next time!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joerg64_11
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear Joerg 64_11,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on this website in regards to your stay with us. I am very pleased to read of your satisfaction with the location of our property, the spacious suites and that the issue with the internet connection was solved promptly by our associates.

Also, thank you very much for making us your new place to stay when in Bangkok.

We all look forward to welcome you back to your ‘new home away from home’.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have just returned from my stay at the Chatrium Sathon and I was very impressed with my stay. I am a Thai living in the USA and was staying in Bangkok for a business assignment that lasted a little over a month. This residence was most certainly the best choice as my one bedroom apartment was just perfect. I think they have just renovated as my apartment looked brand new with nice big LCD TVs and sooo comfy beds.

I used the gym nearly everyday and was impressed with the equipment and the Yoga classes they offer free of charge were great too.
Also loved the location as it was close to my workplace and for Bangkok circumstances not much affected by traffic (very important if you live here). Taxi to the Chong Nonsi BTS station was not even 10 minutes.

Ah yes, and the staff are really nice and made me feel at home right from the start. Nothing was too much trouble and they always asked if everything was alright.

Thank you Chatrium for making my stay in Bangkok so enjoyable - I will be back for sure...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Nathan L,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback in regards to your stay at the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok. I am very happy to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the new design of our apartment. Your comment about our team members who made you feel at home is very encouraging and we will gladly share this with them.

Once again, thank you for your review and for having stayed with us.

We look forward welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Once known as Oakwood, this place has been steadily going down over the last 3 years.
It seems that the management has been cutting costs vigorously and it starts to badly show.
The common parts are not as clean as they used to be; the pool area is completely neglected (tiles missing in pool, jacuzi broken for the last 2 years, dirty children play area...etc)
Accommodation has been repainted in hurry and not well.
Employees look unhappy and grumpy which is quite an achievement in Thailand.
Worst of all is the food: this place used to be very good food wise. Now it really look as gross profit targets have taken over any sensible costumer care.
My seafood noodle was absolutely disgusting; a simple Caesar Salad came with a stinking week old piece of sliced chicken; salmon Terriyaki was once cold and raw then over cooked and coated in cheap glutinous sauce. Service is so slow that the average waiting time for a 1 course meal is never under 60 minutes.
What makes things even worse is that the Manager is the only person served on time and properly looked after. Last Saturday lunch by the pool was the perfect example. The management table was enjoying their time while the entire terrace was waiting to be served!
You would think that the manager would stand up and help sorting out the mess but they sadly don't do that here. They live in an era long passed where old hotel manager and wife enjoy a good time while on post in Thailand- concentrating on achieving top gross profit while neglecting paying guests. It doesn't work like that in 2011 and I know that top management at Chatrium will soon rectify this.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear galexis505,

Thank you very much for posting your review on tripadvisor in regards to your stay at our property. I am very sorry to read that we have failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

At Chatrium we do value direct customer feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve possible shortcomings in both our product and services offered to our guests.

I am very much disappointed to read that you perceive our apartments that have just completed the renovation process as ‘repainted in hurry and not well’. Our residences have not only been repainted but all furniture refurbished with fresh colours and materials used, new carpets laid and all electronic appliances such as TVs and sound systems completely replaced with state of the art equipment.

Rest assured that your feedback in regards to the quality of food & beverages and the delayed delivery times have been addressed with the appropriate management. As you rightly pointed out we were known for our high quality of food & beverages and undoubtedly still are. It is therefore surprising to read your remarks about the various food items and especially the waiting time of 60 minutes.

Please be certain that our management is surely not solely concentrating on achieving top profit margins but our emphasis has always been and will remain on delivering quality guest experiences. If we should have given you the impression that we do not care about guests’ needs, I ask you to please accept our sincerest apologies.

I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that these incidents were an exception and by no means the rule.

Sincerely yours,