Summary: A wonderful boutique property in a great location; fantastic service and staff; great restaurant (nahm by Michelin-star chef David Thompson) with great service; fantastic architecture and interior design; great gym.
What I liked: The quiet unassuming style of the hotel; very private [unlike The Oriental where tourists go to visit]; convenient location near business district, and Silom (but not in it!); personal service from fantastic reception staff who remembers your name and room number after a couple of days; large spacious gym and lovely steam/jacuzzi facility in the change rooms; spacious room and great value for money.
What I did not like: No views from the room; breakfast restaurant (Glow) tucked away in a room that felt more like a cafetaria than an upmarket restaurant, despite the great healthy meal offering; expensive in-room Internet pricing.
Internet: the hotel offers free WiFi at the lobby, so what you have to do is to get a password from the reception. This gives you one hour free access and once you log in from the lobby, you can use the WiFi anywhere in the hotel for one hour. There is no limit as to how many of these 'one-hour' access that you can get from the hotel. So far so good. But the hotel charges you about US$23 a day if you have to have continuous Internet access. This policy does not makes sense to me, and merely serves to annoy me. Why not just make it free?
nahm: This is the wonderful Thai restaurant located at the hotel, operated by David Thompson. The food is great, and the service is fantastic. Very friendly restaurant manager (Troy Sutton) with great knowledge of wine pairing and menu. Reasonably priced for food (wine is expensive).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel