“Fantastic Conference rooms, great hotel and freindly staff”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We held a 4 day conference at the hotel and from the moment we made inquiries to the last check out the staff and management of the hotel could not do enough to help. We were 40 people from all over Asia, and the hotel accomodated every one of our needs. From the food to the rooms we were impressed at every level.

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic, excellent bathrooms,
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Met_BKK, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to write your comment on the Tripadvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a successful conference. We take pride in delivering the best service to all our guests and your kind comment will inspire us to continue our effort.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you and all your colleagues back to the Metropolitan Bangkok.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2011. I would really recommend this hotel - very good value for the size of the rooms. We were particularly impressed by the breakfast which was delicious and healthy. We used the gym one day which was well equipped.

The only thing I would say is that no one knows where the hotel is including taxi drivers. We always got there in the end though by lots of pointing at the map - so make sure you have one with you!

Room Tip: Go for the Metropolitan room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

We are pleased to know that you and your boyfriend had a great stay with us. I’ve passed your kind comment on the breakfast to our Glow team. Regarding the hotel location, we are trying to improve the visibility of the hotel signage and have put a hotel sign near the main road next to the entrance to the hotel.

Thank you for your patronage. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at the Metropolitan Bangkok for the first time. I like the deco and design of the hotel, simple and clean. Room is big, much bigger than an average hotel room. Breakfast is good, main course is a la carte but should improve the buffet spread. Overall, good hotel.

1  Thank Chris C

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment on the Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that you had a good stay with us. I’ve taken note of your recommendation on our breakfast buffet spread and passed it to our Executive Chef for furthur review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

My partner and I had a stopover in Bangkok on our way home to Sydney from Europe, with the plan to relax , eat, drink and relax more. The Metropolitan Hotel was perfect for our plans. It was a spacious hotel, everywhere you looked, the lobby, corridors, our room was amazing in simplicity, size and comfort. The staff were all so professional, at check in, the pool and gym area, with very sweet and courteous door men always there to say hi and bye.

We also booked the airport transfer and that all worked so easily and in a lovely BMW.

For a simple, easy and beautiful break in Bangkok the Metropolitan hotel is perfect!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mario P

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your kind comment in Tripadvisor. We were delighted to have you and your partner as our guests and are happy to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Your kind comment will inspire our team in our efforts in to deliver our best service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I had a not very good time here a couple of years ago - basically a case of the hotel believing in it's own hype. Anyway was booked into this again last month for 3 nights en route to oz and was curious to see if anything has changed.
First off reception is, like someone said, hit and miss. You get some staff who are good at what they do (whether it's better than direct competitors eg their neighbour I am not so sure. But they do their job but I have seen some in my time there who are too busy posing and frankly incompetent. That's an issue of training I think. The room I stayed in was a bit bog standard, but you could see frayed edges, eg mould round the edges of showers, fusty smell, chipped wooden furniture. Frankly these would be nit picking if I was in a 3 or 4 star hotel but if it's position is at the top end, then questions have to be asked about the management.
I didn't try the restaurants, having tried them before and frankly would not bother. The pool problems remain -exposed to the taxi queses ( good if you are an exhibitionist but not so if you want peace and quiet, and half of the pool never gets the sun anyway.
Overall it's ok, just not sure if the " minimal" concept has had it's time, being widely copied and done better by hotels big and small all over Bangkok, while the Met is still stuck in its time. I do question, however, if it's sustainable at the top end though given itS inconsistent servicec standard. For those who rave about it, give the other top end hotels in Bangkok a try and you can easily find better service with more attention to detail, thoughtfulness and heart. But I guess it's still a novel idea for many to experience the Met so it will stay in business. For me, this stay has confirmed I'll move on

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

I have read with concern your comments on several issues and have discussed with related departments for improvements.

Regarding the staff, we have had a high turnover during the past year due to several new hotels opening. However, we do try to maintain our service standards by providing comprehensive trainings for all our new staff. I am sorry to know that the services delivered by some of our staff fell below your expectation.

On the room issue, I wish to inform that after 8 years of operation, there has been wear and tear in some of our rooms. However, we are pleased to inform that we have started a soft refurbishment programme for our guestrooms this year. The room upgrade is expected to be completed by the 2nd half of next year.

For our restaurants, you may notice that we have opened a new Thai restaurant, Nahm. Since the opening, we have received several positive comments and we hope that you will have an opportunity to try it next time you are in Bangkok.

Thank you for your patronage and I hope our shortcomings will not mar too much your impression of the Metropolitan Bangkok. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed at the Metropolitan Bangkok for the third time this year. I must say, with each stay, my estimation of this hotel only gets better (my expectations were already very high!). The personal service from this hotel is first-rate, and it is great value for money.

Check-in process was seamless, friendly and professional. I was escorted to my room by Ms Pon, who courteously and helpfully asked whether she could assist with any bookings or arrangements for me during my stay. When I mentioned that I would like to book a massage outside of the hotel, the response was "Yes, you liked [nearby local spa establishment] when you visited last time - I can book that for you". Ms Pon said that she looked up my profile before I checked-in. Now, that's great personal service that I have not experienced in other hotels.

The reception staff at this hotel is first rate. Often, the only contact you have with a hotel is with the reception staff (some hotels just don't understand this basic point) - and this hotel does this very well: instant recognition by staff who almost always address you by name. I don't know how they do this, but they do!

The Metropolitan (room type) is great value for money. It is double the size of the standard room, and very very spacious by any standard. At approx A$130 per night, it must be the best value room anywhere in the world. Because of this, I will refrain from complaining more about the extra charge for Internet service, or the incomprehensible policy of this hotel that offers you unlimited free 2-hour Internet vouchers from the reception, but would not provide you with this service in your room. [End of complaint!].

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Metropolitan room - great value for money compared with a standard room, at twice the size. Ask...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your continue support of our hotel and for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as our service rendered. Your kind comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our efforts to strive for service excellence. I will also personally thank Khun Pon and the Front Office team for their exemplary service.

With regard to the internet, our in-room internet is available at cost since the service is currently outsourced through a third party service provider and our charge is in line with other hotels in Bangkok. However, we do have a plan to review the wi-fi contract again at the end of this year and re-assess the best course of action to deliver this facility.

Thank you once again for your patronage. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I was there for a conference recently and i was very impressed. The facilities were great, the food and drink great and the service friendly and inviting.

Dear Sir,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during your conference.

Thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.