“Stylish minimalist peaceful”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Hotel is on a busy road but with a long drive way the hotel is hidden and quiet. Rooms are spacious. I was here with the family on holiday for a couple of days. Don't quite know why this hotel is not rated higher up on the list.
Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank avidtravellerhk
Met_BKK, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Bangkok in Tripadvisor.

My team and I are pleased to know that you and your family enjoy your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome all of you back to our ‘oasis’ in Bangkok soon.

There are newer reviews for COMO Metropolitan Bangkok

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Next time I'm in Bangkok, I'll definitely stay here again. Everything was perfect. It's a great place to escape the craziness of Bangkok. The pool is amazing and is in full sun for most of the day. I didn't move from my sun lounge for a few days.

The room rates are very reasonable - unbelievable actually. The rooms themselves are very comfortable and luxurious. Great bathroom with huge shower, and they use Como Shambala products which are very nice!

I've got to say that the Metroplitan puts on the best breakfast spread I've ever seen. So delicious, fresh and healthy. You won't get bored with the selections like you might at another hotel.

The only criticism I have is that the wireless is not free. Despite this, the signal is excellent so
take your iPad poolside if you like!

The location suited us fine. Depending on traffic, a cheap cab ride anywhere is easy. We found the trains and their dual ticket system frustrating so we stuck with cabs for most of the trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Misterhughie

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our breakfast at Glow.

With regards to the internet, our in-room internet is currently available at cost since the service is outsourced through a third party service provider. However, we do have a plan to review the wi-fi contract again at the end of this year and re-assess the best course of action to deliver this facility.

Thank you for choosing the Metropolitan and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in a near future.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Metropolitan Bkk is a very cool minimalist hotel which is indeed more photogenic at night. The room is very spacious (maybe even more than necessary) and quite simple (minimalist isn't it? :D). The only complaint I might have about the room is the noise isolation which is not very good and you can hear everything that happens outside the corridor clearly. Nice & helpful staff in very cool uniform (designed by Comme des Garcon) who ignored the fact that we sneaked 4 people into the room while registering only for 2 lol. It can take a while to get a cab from here and you should not pay more than 100baht if you just go around the city.
Nahm is the hotel's stylish Thai restaurant for those who can handle extremely spicy food.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cutiela83

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan.

I am pleased to know that your overall stay was a pleasant one. At our hotel, we focus on offering a stylish yet comfortable room for our guests together with savvy service.

I have taken note of your comment on the noises and wish to apologise for our shortcomings.

Regarding the menu at Nahm, we focus on serving authentic Thai food and some dishes might be spicy. However, we also have options for those who prefer milder taste and our staff will be happy to recommend the dishes to you.

Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel is beautiful and very sleek, at least on the inside (the outside look of the building is anonymous). The lobby is spacious like the rooms (we had a Met room). Our room was large and had a nice 'lounge' area with comfy sofas. The bathroom is big as well and the amenities are really good (Como Shambala products), however the bathroom had a terrible smell which was removed the second day after we complained. The breakfast is the best I have ever had - great selection, healthy and flavoursome, with the best muesli I have ever tasted, yet it was quite expensive (around 20£ per person!). The met bar is also quite cool, although it was empty when we had a drink there (a monday night admittedly).
My main, if only, problem with this hotel is the location. It seems more for business people given the area, than tourists. It's quite a way from the 'centre' (eg the temples, the river, the shopping areas) and the nearest train station is a 10 minutes walk which does add up to the journey time to anywhere considerably. There are also not many restaurants nearby so to have dinner one has to get out of the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your comment on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

Regarding the bathroom, I have asked our Chief Engineer to look into this problem and have it sorted.

I am happy that you liked our Glow breakfast. Our Executive Chef chooses only the best and freshest produces available and our price is also in line with other 5-star hotels in Bangkok.

For the transportation from the hotel to BTS (sky train) station and MRT (subway station), we have free shuttle van available and it can be booked through our guest services.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Metropolitan. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We held a 4 day conference at the hotel and from the moment we made inquiries to the last check out the staff and management of the hotel could not do enough to help. We were 40 people from all over Asia, and the hotel accomodated every one of our needs. From the food to the rooms we were impressed at every level.

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic, excellent bathrooms,
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Met_BKK, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to write your comment on the Tripadvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a successful conference. We take pride in delivering the best service to all our guests and your kind comment will inspire us to continue our effort.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you and all your colleagues back to the Metropolitan Bangkok.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2011. I would really recommend this hotel - very good value for the size of the rooms. We were particularly impressed by the breakfast which was delicious and healthy. We used the gym one day which was well equipped.

The only thing I would say is that no one knows where the hotel is including taxi drivers. We always got there in the end though by lots of pointing at the map - so make sure you have one with you!

Room Tip: Go for the Metropolitan room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

We are pleased to know that you and your boyfriend had a great stay with us. I’ve passed your kind comment on the breakfast to our Glow team. Regarding the hotel location, we are trying to improve the visibility of the hotel signage and have put a hotel sign near the main road next to the entrance to the hotel.

Thank you for your patronage. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at the Metropolitan Bangkok for the first time. I like the deco and design of the hotel, simple and clean. Room is big, much bigger than an average hotel room. Breakfast is good, main course is a la carte but should improve the buffet spread. Overall, good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment on the Tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that you had a good stay with us. I’ve taken note of your recommendation on our breakfast buffet spread and passed it to our Executive Chef for furthur review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.