“A low-key, elegant and sleek hotel”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Metropolitan Bangkok is off a main road, adjacent to the Banyan Hotel. The hotel is kept very clean, including the rooms. The room sizes are quite large, with plenty of natural light. I found the restaurant options top-notch, providing excellent, fresh food. Glow offers organic food options in a relaxed, yet simple setting. I give the facilities and restaurants five starts. My experience with the service was not consistent. I found some of the staff very gracious and friendly, whereas other staff members seemed to not care about customers - almost even a bit cool.

Room Tip: Try the Metropolitan rooms - excellent value!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank D M
Met_BKK, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken note on your comment on the service by some of our staff and will discuss with operation team to ensure service improvement as we take pride in delivering the best to guests.

I am sorry for the shortcoming that you have experienced. My team and I look forward to another opportunity to be of service.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is my 4th stay! Simply love the impeccable service provided by those staff from the Front Desk; and Housekeeping! Love the different types of martinis available at the bar too! And most importantly, love the breakfast at GLOW and the staff there - superb! I have been recommending the hotel to my friends; and they simply LOVE it (for those who had stayed here) though they said it is not really located at a convenient location! But, it is a mere 10 minutes taxi ride to Siam Square at a very affordable fare of 60bht. - Johnny Lin from Singapore

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a window in your huge bathroom!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BB2015LWT

Dear Mr Lin,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your our room, our food & beverage as well as our service. Your kind comment will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

Once again, thank you for your patronage. My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our hotel.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

Set back of the road, this hotel is sensational. From its minimalist foyer, to the friendly and chic front of house staff. The rooms large, and lots of room to relax, nice bathrooms. The pool is huge, and the service excellent poolside enticing you to languish in the sunshine until late afternoon, after a morning of shopping. 3 things we suggest you must do while staying here. First, head next door to the Banyan Tree and head up to the top floor outdoor bar, and check out Bangkok as the sun goes down (Boys were shoes, no thongs or sandals.) Go to Nahm, David Thompson's Thai restaurant. Excellent food, and very reasonably priced. Again minimalist decor. Finally head to the market on Sunday, jump on the Metro. Do not listen to anyone trying to tell you it doesn't open until later, they will be trying to sell you a boat ride or a visit to their friend's shop. Trust the hotel staff.

Room Tip: We chose the larger room, and it was huge. The hotel is off the street so no noise impacts in any r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ExoticLulu

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to know that you had a good time with us at the Metropolitan Bangkok. I have shared your kind comment with our team.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Metropolitan and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed two nights, the finale to a two week vacation in Vietnam and Thailand. There was a gorgeous plate of fruit in our room and tea service service upon arrival which was a nice touch. We really liked the minimal decor and the comfortable platform bed.

The hotel itself is really tranquil as everyone says amidst all the chaos of Bangkok. It does seem catered toward business travelers which is fine with me as I hate being stuck with a ton of clueless tourists. The location is great and we found it relatively easy to walk to the skytrain nearby with lots of local activity including sidewalk food vendors and nearby street markets which makes the area more lively with locals rather than tourists. The hotel gym is excellent and you get access to the spa changing rooms with a hot pool and sauna as a hotel guest which was fantastic!

We had breakfast at Glow which was very tasty, we particularly loved the corn cake and the porridge dishes, the coffee being too weak but the espresso was fine. We had dinner at Nahm and it's good but didn't blow our socks off. The canapes were really thoughtout and wonderful, but the main dishes we ordered were not anything special. It was still an excellent experience and when in Bangkok, you should go! I definitely stay here again when I'm in Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trav001

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

It is pleasure to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I have passed your kind comment on the breakfast at Glow and dinner at Nahm to our Chef.

I hope to welcome you back to our oasis in the heart of Bangkok again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 21 October 2011

On a business trip to the Himalayas that involved a stopover in Bangkok,my husband and I found ourselves in the city in the middle of the terrible recent flooding. Not only was the Metropolitan in the only protected zone, but the hotel itself has the feel of a sanctuary in the lively chaos that is Bangkok proper. The staff was flawlessly attentive, and provided regular updates on the flooding situation. Our room was stunningly spacious and elegant its browns-on-cream motif suited both masculine and feminine sensibilities. I adored the spa, and a massage given by a Thai woman named "Ann" was one of the best of my life, deep but graceful -- I don't know how she did it! The superb highlight was our anniversary dinner at the hotel's fine restaurant, nahm, created by world-renowned Aussie-Thai chef David Thompson, author of the monumental tribute to classical Thai cooking, Thai Food, and its sister, Thai Street Food. Trust us that you have never experienced Thai cuisine with such depth of flavor, exquisite composition and almost unbelievable freshness -- they make their own coconut milk in-house! Our flight back to the States routes through Bangkok again, and we're ready to face the floods to have one more dinner at nahm. Five Stars all around.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank RollAroundHeaven

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

My team and I are happy to know that you had a good stay with us, despite the flooding in some areas of Bangkok. Your kind comment will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the massage by Khun Ann, our therapist. I will personally thank her for her exceptional service.

Thank you for choosing Nahm on your special occasion. I will also pass your great comment to our Nahm team too.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip before returning home. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Hotel is on a busy road but with a long drive way the hotel is hidden and quiet. Rooms are spacious. I was here with the family on holiday for a couple of days. Don't quite know why this hotel is not rated higher up on the list.
Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank avidtravellerhk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Bangkok in Tripadvisor.

My team and I are pleased to know that you and your family enjoy your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome all of you back to our ‘oasis’ in Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Next time I'm in Bangkok, I'll definitely stay here again. Everything was perfect. It's a great place to escape the craziness of Bangkok. The pool is amazing and is in full sun for most of the day. I didn't move from my sun lounge for a few days.

The room rates are very reasonable - unbelievable actually. The rooms themselves are very comfortable and luxurious. Great bathroom with huge shower, and they use Como Shambala products which are very nice!

I've got to say that the Metroplitan puts on the best breakfast spread I've ever seen. So delicious, fresh and healthy. You won't get bored with the selections like you might at another hotel.

The only criticism I have is that the wireless is not free. Despite this, the signal is excellent so
take your iPad poolside if you like!

The location suited us fine. Depending on traffic, a cheap cab ride anywhere is easy. We found the trains and their dual ticket system frustrating so we stuck with cabs for most of the trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Misterhughie

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your recent experience at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our breakfast at Glow.

With regards to the internet, our in-room internet is currently available at cost since the service is outsourced through a third party service provider. However, we do have a plan to review the wi-fi contract again at the end of this year and re-assess the best course of action to deliver this facility.

Thank you for choosing the Metropolitan and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in a near future.