“Fantastic design, convenient location, friendly service”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Pamplona, Spain
“Fantastic design, convenient location, friendly service”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I enjoyed four nights at the Met, and by the end didn't want to leave. Every step, from the moment we were picked up at the airport through to checking out was smooth. Upon arrival we were treated to delicious complimentary tea as friendly staff promptly checked us in to our room.
A very stylish , cool, chic enviroment. Great music, beautiful pool,great food especially for the health concious. Fabulous spa.
We found the staff to be exceptional in there helpfullness and attention to find or do what you need, quickly and with ease.
We booked a Metropolitan Room and were really impressed: thoughtfully designed, very spacious, quality finishes and furnishings, bathed in natural light from a wall-to-wall window, and features one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

The hotel amenities are really great too - there is an excellent gym, with a nice outlook overlooking the entrance to the hotel and boasts great steam rooms. The pool is a welcome respite from the bustle of the city and is just long enough to swim a lap or three. The spa is excellent. And, finally, the food, included breakfasts, pool-lounge service and, of course both Nahm (rated the 50th restaurant of the world in the RESTAURANT MAGAZINE LIST) and the Met Bar was nothing short of delicious.
It is the perfect location in Bangkok for business guests and travelers.
Definately will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Luis C,
Greetings from your home in Bangkok. On behalf of all of us I would like to thank you for your visit, it means a lot to us that you have enjoyed your stay and we are very grateful you have taken some time to write this detailed review.
A few laps in our people and a great meal at any one of our restaurants or even from the pool sounds like a great plan to me as well.
We will shared your comments with all our team, specilly our kitchen staff I'm sure they will be happy to read it.
We are really grateful and proud of our nahm restaurant, not only because of all the awards and public recognitaion but mostly because our Thai Guests and Thai food connoisseurs are really surprised and amazed but the very traditional and authentic cuisine.
We are already looking forward to your second visit, please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Kind regards, Jorge Monje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Wow what a hotel its just heaven pure heaven cant fault it stayed here two nights and could have stayed here for a week just perfect in every way !
Stayed here in 2009 and I still think about the breakfast and the 9 course meal with wine to match it was pure indulgence but worth every penny as it was my birthday they even noticed it was my birthday when I signed in and sent a cake to may room when I was having drinks the bar just amazing

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Nataliemin82,
Warm regards from your home in Bangkok and thanks a lot for your enthusiastic comments and review.
It means a lot to all of us that you have enjoyed and keep great memories of your stay.
Looking forward to have the chance to celebrate a few more birthdays together and welcome you back some time in the future.
Could we be of any assistance, please let me know.
Kyiv
Reviewed 27 July 2012

i was there for business trip - amazing place with lots of flowers and with a fantastci breakfast choice and nice pool - great place to have some relaxation after working day and to enjoy the morning and week end.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Olena,
Greetings from Bangkok and all of us at Metropolitan.
I would like to thank you for your comments and taking the time to post this review.
Happy to know you still keep good memories of your stay last year, we would be delighted to welcome you back, maybe this time on a holiday trip so you also enjoy this wonderful city.
Happy to be of assistance at anytime.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is a follow-up to my review in July 2011. As a result of that stay, I decided to return again this year and found the experience to be just as good as last year's.

The Metro really is a perfect place to stay in Bangkok and is an oasis amongst the traffic, pollution and people of the city - as well as being right next door to Vertigo Bar at the Banyan Tree! The spa and pool deserve special mention - fantastic places to unwind after a busy day working or sightseeing.

The customer service, as always, was faultless and it was particularly pleasing that wi-fi is now free thoughtout the hotel. The food selection, and the breakfast buffet, are excellent.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bangkok for the price.

Room Tip: Try and get a larger room and one overlooking the pool - the smaller rooms are quite cosy and some l...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonemat
Dear jonemat,
Greetings from the Metropolitan Bangkok, I'm Jorge the new GM at the hotel, I would like to thank you for your visit and hopefully I will have the chance to meet you personally and welcome you back very soon.
I'm specially glad to read your comment as I feel exactly that way, I believe we are truly a little oasis in the heart of the city and still a few steps away from everything Bangkok has to offer.
We do share this tripadvisor comments with our team and I'm sure they will be as happy and encouraged as I'm.
Looking forward to your next visit, please if we can be of any assistance, just let me know.
Kind regards. Jorge Monje
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and loved every minute.
We switched rooms after arrival and were moved to a room overlooking the pool.
Minimalist, new, modern hotel next door to Vertigo bar at the Banyan Tree.
Great design and interior.
Great pool, very social area to have drinks with other guests.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for another room if you are not happy we had room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bondbaby007
Dear Bondbaby007,
Greetings from your home in Bangkok, on behalf of all of us at the Metropolitan I would like to thank you for your visit and your very kind comments and nice review.
It is very encouraging as these are my first days in the job and I'm as well loving every minute.
We would be delighted to welcome you back some time in the future, please anything you might need let us know, happy to be of assistance.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a holiday in Thailand and spent two nights at the Met in Bangkok. Our time here was undoubtedly one of the highlights of our trip. The customer service was first class from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Our room was large and spacious with a great view out over the city. We loved the contemporary design, the facilities were excellent and the pool was also large for the size of the hotel.

We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rangi J
Dear Rangi J,
Greetings from your home in Bangkok, great to read your review and see that you have enjoyed your stay.
Thanks a lot for the compliments to our team, they are a beautiful group of people, I have just joined the property but really enjoying their company and warm service they provide to all our guests and friends.
We are very grateful for your comments and would be delighted to welcome you back some time in the future, please let me know if we can be of assistance.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The room was enormous and had a view over the pool, the staff couldn't do enough for us, the bathroom was huge, the breakfast was fantastic, it was truly an amazing start to our honeymoon. It was clean, quiet, rooms had the perfect temperature, quiet air conditioning and also the staff were able to recommend great places to eat outside of the hotel, the room was beautifully furnished with a well thought out layout and plenty of space for putting the contents of our suitcase. It was a little far from the centre of Bangkok but really was wonderful. The rooftop terrace bar ‘Vertigo’ at Banyan Tree right next door is also to be recommended for sunset cocktails. I would absolutely recommend staying here to anyone. Perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harrisonerin
Dear harrisonerin,
Greetings from this beautiful city and from all of us at Metropolitan Bangkok.
I would like to thank you for your visit and your detailed comments and review, it means a lot to us that you have enjoyed your stay and take the time to recommend it.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back some time in the future, could we be of assistance at any time, please let me know.