If you're searching for a hotel in this class, you simply can't do better than this. It's a bit of a splashout for a city like Bangkok but it's so much better value than it's overblown neighbor the Banyan Tree. Stay here and fight with the crowds for rooftop space if you wish at the Tree. The two are a study in contrasts. The Met is low-key, quiet, elegant scaled correctly. Service is top-notch and unobtrusive.
The best thing about this hotel is the orientation of the rooms. A lot of top hotels offer great views and spacious windows but the rooms are cramped and tunnel shaped. The rooms at the Met or oriented horizontally and smartly appointed. This means that every room has a massive band of window stretching the entire length of the room instead of just at one end. This thoughful touch means that the rooms feel like private studios awash in light and overlooking the pool or an expanse of green trees.
The location is perfect in a someone overlooked section of Bangkok. It's handy for the boxing stadium and the always-interesting Lumphini park. Also close to some seldom-visited but very worthwhile tourist sights and good shopping. A short walk brings you to both train systems, Silom and Patpong. My only slight quibble would be the music in the lobby, piped in via a subscription service. It always seemed to be deep house or lounge music that comes off as a little bit "trying-to-hard" to be hip. It's the sort of standard "Hotel Muzak" that is everywhere these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel