COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
  • Pool
US$149
US$115
2,117 results
All reviewsnahm restaurantglow restaurantthe banyan treecomo shambhalacity roomoutdoor showerterrace roomyoga matvertigo barour honeymoonsathorn roadsteam roombusiness districtstylish hotelsala daengfresh fruitrooms are large
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Rooms were very spacious a bit full but overall nice and clean. Hotel was a little out if the way and any taxi we got didn't know where it was. We were giving directions. Breakfast was ok, plenty of choice but expected more from a 5 star. We were on honeymoon and they did give us a free bottle of champagne with chocolates which was a nice touch.
Staff were friendly - overall pleasant experience.

• Stayed: January 2013
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Elaineor19, greetings from Bangkok and the Metropolitan. We hope you have had a wonderful honeymoon and would like to thank you for your visit and stay.
We are glad you have a pleasant stay and I would only liked that we have been able to communicate a little bit better, the hotel's locations is really good and getting more centric every day, there are plenty of things to do and great dining and bars within walking distance plus easy access to major areas in town by taxi, sky train or metro. Happy you have managed your way around.
We would be delighted to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon in early January and although there's absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel, all the 5* reviews on TripAdvisor don't match the reality.

We stayed in a City Room and instead of the cool and contemporary design we were expecting, we found the room to be quite stark, uninteresting and not very comfortable with an extremely hard bed.

On the plus side, the service from all staff was excellent. The breakfast buffet was of a high standard and always fully stocked no matter what time you tturned up.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear gliv81, regards from us all at the Metropolitan. It is good to read you back at home and we hope you have had a very nice honeymoon.
Thanks a lot for staying with us and for giving us your feedback, we will share with the team and I'm sure they would like to know you have enjoyed their service.
I'm sorry you have not enjoyed your City Room so much and wish you could have stayed at one of our Metropolitan Rooms which are probably the largest on their category in Bangkok. But please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience.
Anything you might need from Bangkok, please let us know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the last night of our holiday. On arrival, the hotel seems very impressive - the entrance has a clean, modern design; immaculately-dressed staff whisk away your luggage; there are even MacBooks available to use.

However, our room was much less impressive. We booked a 'city room', which was not described on Expedia as being very different to the other rooms - however it is very small, the smallest room we had anywhere on our trip. Although sold as a room for two it appeared to be designed for one (for example there was a bedside lamp but only on one side). Another issue was, we'd booked a non smoking room but it smelt of cigarette smoke. It also seemed a bit dated and, even with all the lights on, quite dark. Overall we felt rather that we'd booked a 3 star room in a 5 star hotel. There was nothing seriously wrong with it and if it has been in London or New York I'd have thought it was fine - but in Bangkok there are better options at this price.

One other problem - the taxi the hotel provided us to take us to the airport refused to use the meter and tried to charge us three times the proper price.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank alexs76
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear Alexs76, greetings from Metropolitan and this amazing bangkok. We are very grateful for your visit and detailed comments.
I'm really sorry we have not meet your expectations and on behalf of all of us I would like to offer our apology. I'm very sorry that you may have left with this impression considering that Metropolitan is one of the best valued hotels in Bangkok, as you can see in most of the other reviews.
Our Metropolitan Room is probably the largest on their category and price range on the city, at a minimum of 54 sqm and most of our inventory, sorry you didn't have the chance to stay in one of them, I'm pretty sure you would have like it. It is true that our city rooms are much smaller but so it is the rate, and still both offered a great value, as you have mentioned, if only this was London or New York.
I'm equally sorry about the taxi experience, Metropolitan doesn't provide or has any arrangements with the local taxi companies and we just called them on your behalf and yes try our best to explain, address and provide all the needed information both to driver and guests. We do keep register of taxi license and plaques in case any incident might happened.
By all means the taxi driver is required to use the taximeter and you should have probably walk down should he refuse to use it. Nevertheless we are very sorry for all the inconvenience and we hope the comment, a very good one, might be of used to future guests traveling to Bangkok.
Though most of the people, including taxi drivers are beautiful and professional, incidents like this do happen.
Once again our sincere apology and warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I agree with the many excellent reviews posted on this site by travellers who stayed at the Metropolitan. I had no complains whatsoever. The staff never say 'no' to anything. They will try and try again.

On two occasions, I tried to ring local mobile numbers of friends and I couldn't get through. I went down to the Front Desk to ask their help and they readily dialled the numbers for me. One of those calls was made with a female staff's own personal mobile phone.

On the day I checked out, I asked one staff at the Front Desk to help me retrieve some photographs which had been used to make glass paperweights with. The vendor at Mah Boon Krong shopping mall had delivered the paperweights the night before but failed to return those photos. I gave details to the staff and left for the airport.

I'm glad to report that she retrieved the photos and sent them to my home address which I received today, all within 2 weeks of my return.

This may appear to be a little thing. But little things make a big difference.

I would definitely return to the Metropolitan Hotel in future and would certainly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I usually prefer a room facing south or east (I never sleep with the blinds drawn). But due to the design and orientation of the building, I had a room facing north which overlooked the driveway and pool. I have no complains as it was well insulated and I did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank aprofessionalbum
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear aprofessionalbum, I definitely agree with you, little things make a huge difference! We are very grateful you have taken the time to share these experiences which we have already shared with our team, they send their regards and were happy to read your comments and appreciation.
Hopefully there would be no request too little for us and looking forward to be of at assistance at all times.
We would be delighted to welcome you back some time in the future. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

This is our third stay at this wonderful hotel and we are still loving it every time. From the wonderful Ian who serves us every morning and chats with us at breakfast (, my favorite meal, )always imparting interesting information on anything that interests us and more.,the fabulous sheets , nice sized rooms and total service. Can't be happier to make this our home stay each time we pass through Bangkok. The food in Glow is always delicious if you like clean , tasty food. Nahm an excellent restaurant within this complex is exceptional but a little to chilli hot for me. The beautiful Spa, pool and facilities , including great smelling soaps and creams. It is within walking distance to the sky train but far enough away from the noise and pollution of downtown. We just met Jorge the new GM and we look forward to even more fabulous service as he seems so motivated to keep this hotel special. Lovely stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king room and found it spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally K

Dear Sally K, it has been very nice to have you back with us. Glad that you had felt at home once again, we also love having all of you around and being able to share a few stories and smiles.
It definitely makes our day.
Thanks a lot for the detailed comments and explanations, you have described very well what makes Metropolitan "special", it is indeed a lovely hotel that in my opinion, as yours, offers great quality and a very good value.
Please anything you may need from Bangkok, let us know. Looking forward to meet and have you back soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje