We had had 10 fab days in Khao Lak and was looking forward to Bangkok, we love Bangkok.
We havnt stayed at the Metropolitan but as it was 5 star i was expecting this to be good. We arrived and was checked in promptly, and while checking in our agent mentioned that it was my birthday on that day, One of the hotel staff said "leave that with me and Ill see what I can do".
We were taken to our room and yes, it was very cool and trendy, it looked amazing, it wasnt that big. Had i known there was an option to upgrade to a bigger room I would have asked, the room was at the end of the corridor and I think for 1 it would have been fine. My only gripe was that it was hard to get out of bed and stand up as on the right hand side of the bed, you were met with a wall, you had to get out of bed sideways :-(
The breakfast had plenty of choice, plus an a la carte menu to choose from. there was something for everyone.
We used the pool on the last day before leaving and the faciilties were good.
On the Sat evening, we went to the Moon Bar in the Banyan Tree, which was just next door, so very easy to get too.
We have stayed in Bangkok many times before and yes maybe other hotels have been more accessible but I would def stay here again if i had a bigger room.
When we returned from our first afternoon out, I found a cake and birthday card in the room, such a lovely thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Destinology, TravelUp, Odigeo and Holiday Gems so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel