“Outstanding service and comfortable room”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Outstanding service and comfortable room”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My mom and I stayed one night at Metropolitan Bangkok.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. They inquired about our plan, offer to provide any information we need. Once they knew we were leaving Bangkok late in the afternoon they even asked if we would like to have late check-out before we asked for it!

The next time we go to Bangkok we will definitely stay at Metropolitan!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear delphina
Many thanks for your positive comment and warmest recommendation following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. Especially, we are glad to read that you valued the friendly and welcoming attitude of our staff so highly. Please be assured that I will forward your compliments to the entire team. I am sure it will be motivating to them to continue their efforts in the same direction.
We truly hope to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO for a visit or stay in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.
Jann Hess, Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 5 April 2014

After a rather sucesful stay in Uma by Como we tried Metrpolitan in bangkok to continue our honeymoon and our experience confirmed our idea that this hotel chain is a great choice for couples.
Bangkok traffic is one of the most frustrating experiences, so the location of this hotel played a crucial role in our Thailand experience, since its a 10 min walk to the sky train and 5 min walk to some of Bangkok most famous restaurants (Naj, Bankhanitha) also a cab ride from here to the famous L'bois our Blue Elephant should cost no more than 60 bat.
Anyway what made our experience go from excellent to outstanding was the dedication and service of all the hotel staff, on our first dat we were greeted by the hotel Manager Jorge Monje who made us feel as if we were at home, he was very attentive (typical from our last stay at Como) and super helpful providing us everything we needed from personal dinner recommendations to being very straightforward with recommendations on where not to go.
As if it wasn't enough we talked to him about us staying on our next destination in another hotel by Como (Cocoa Island) and he contacted the local manager who not only upgraded our room but received us personally and continued giving us a great service.
We really enjoyed our trip to Bangkok in great part due to the recommendations Jorge provided on our very touristy but useful map.

Room Tip: We got our room upgraded to celebrate our honeymoon so we got a room on the 7th floor that was facin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Jose C
In behalf of Jorge Monje and during his absence I would like to thank you for your great feedback and your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
I am gratified to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon in Bangkok and the other COMO resorts you stayed. We are happy to hear you had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. It is our COMO mission to offer tailor made and personalized service to our guest. Our aim is to make you feel home and tribute our utmost attention and passion to the detail.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan or other COMO Resorts on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after seeing other areas of Thailand and where I was returning to Bangkok for one night before I returned to England.

Upon my arrival the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Whilst I was checking in I was asked if I would like a late check-out, although I was leaving Bangkok in the evening I didn't feel it necessary and I was told that I would be able to use the facilities in the spa to shower and freshen up before I departed. I thought this was a lovely gesture and made me feel welcomed to the hotel and still be welcomed to use the hotel once I had checked out the next day.

After checking in I was shown to my room by the staff member who had checked me in and my luggage was left with the porter. I thought this was a nice touch rather than reception handing you over to a porter like some other hotels!

My room was very spacious, great layout and clean. The little touches like a personally addressed envelope containing a letter from the general manager, a selection of fruit and member of staff then attending my room with a welcome pot of tea were all greatly appreciated and made my arrival at the hotel feel a lot more special.

The bathroom had a separate bath and a wet area for the shower, with products from the Shambhala spa at the hotel, which all smelled gorgeous and I became hooked on the smell, this was also the same smell that permeated the lobby area.

As I was only staying for one night I had also arranged to meet friends who love in Bangkok for dinner and drinks. We agreed to dine at the hotels Michelin star restaurant Nahm, which has also been voted as the number one restaurant in Asia and the 32nd best restaurant in the world. I have to say that the food was an amazing taste sensation. Myself and a friend chose from the set menu which was shared between us. We got a selection of canapés and then we had to choose one dish from each of the sections of the menu. My friend had eaten there a few times before and said I wouldn't be disappointed with whatever we chose, and he was right. There was lots of food to share and it was all delicious.

My other friend cannot eat chillies as he's allergic to them so chose from the al a carte menu and asked for no chillies as most dishes on the menu had chilli in them, the kitchen had made his dishes without, which he was pleased about. The only negative about the menu were the desserts, not a great choice and also not a great taste combination and I had to leave mine.

Breakfast in the Glow restaurant was delicious too and there was plenty of choice. The staff were very friendly and polite.

After checking out at 12pm I then had things to do in Bangkok and planned to return to the hotel around 5pm to freshen up. As it was 32 degrees outside and after walking around the bustling city, I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to make use of the spa facilities.
Again the staff here were very friendly and the facilities were very nice. However the one facility I really wanted to use was the steam room but I was told by staff in the mens only area, that it wasn't working. The staff were apologetic and turned on the jacuzzi for me, so I took a soak in that instead, which was great after the hustle and bustle of Bangkok city. I then lay by the poolside and relaxed outside which was perfect and peaceful.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at the Metropolitan hotel and would recommend it to anyone. With it being a 5 star hotel it could be too pricey for some people. I was fortunate enough to pay for my stay through a reward scheme using my points and I partly expected a lower standard of room but this was not the case.

A fantastic stay, exceptional service, at an outstanding hotel. Will hopefully stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear DarrenH4
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience and we appreciate your favorable description and warmest recommendation of our Hotel. Furthermore, I am happy to hear that we were able to exceed the expectations with our special gestures such us late check-out, refreshment and special food preparation.
Please be assured that I will gladly share your encouraging words to all staff, as your praise is the finest recognition of our work.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future. Please let me know when I may be of assistance for your next visit. Until then we wish you all the best.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Plenty of choice in Bangkok, but we did some research and this provided what we wanted. Very attentive staff, good pool, but most importantly the room was amazing.
The only down points would be that it is a bit away from the hub of activity, and the pool loses sunlight in the afternoon as it is on the ground floor surrounded by tower buildings.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George S
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear George S
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok and for your wonderful feedback.
I apologize, it seems we have not informed you enough when it comes to the location of the hotel. In fact, most of our guests find it extremely convenient as it is really central to all the main areas and attractions in Bangkok and yet a bit set back from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The river, temples, shopping and night life are easily reachable via BTS (sky train) and MRT (subway) both with stations within 10 minute comfortable and safe walk, plus plenty of local, dining, shopping and night life within walking distance as we are just across one street from Silom, Pat Pong, Suan Plu and the very nice Lumpini Park.
We do also offer a hotel shuttle every hour to bring our guests comfortable to the Sala Daeng Skytrain station at Silom Road.
I will make sure to discuss with our team so we are even more proactive in this regard as the Metropolitan is indeed a great base to explore and discover this hectic and fun city.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.
Midlands
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two nights at the start of two weeks travelling around Thailand.
Upon walking into the reception area from the hot/sticky/hectic outside….the calm/relaxing/cool hits you like a lovely wave (the smells were amazing). The hotel is set back from the busy main road so make sure your taxi driver understands where it is first. The staff were very helpful on where to go and how to get there….even help us order a takeaway pizza on our first night due to jetlag!
We didn’t get chance to use the pool but it looked really nice, the gym was well equipped and I used it twice whilst there. We didn’t eat at the hotel as we were only staying for two nights. The hotel room was a good size and standard and had decent views of the city scape. All areas of the hotel were keep to a very good standard.
All in all a really good, modern hotel, with good attention to detail and a great retreat from the Bangkok streets. Would definitely go back if in Bangkok again. Also the hotel is a good location for the city sites as the nearest metro link is only 5mins walk away…..definitely the way to get around Bangkok...quick, cheap and aircon'd!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Wussawarrior, we are already looking forward to welcome you back, please make sure to let us know should your travels bring you back to Bangkok, happy to be of any assistance.
It was a real pleasure to have you with us, on behalf of our team a big thank you for your visit and very kind comments, it's great to know you had a nice stay and have enjoyed your visit to Bangkok.
Warm regards and have a very nice day, Jorge Monje
Ospel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 April 2014

What a joy it is arriving in this hotel everytime. Easy to reach, close to city highlights and above all a real 'home away from home'. Spacious rooms, great alacarte choice in (healthy!) breakfast options, very friendly and helpfull staff and my list could go on. Yes, some other hotels are closer to the BTS, but this is a small offer to make for the relative quiet setting of the hotel. Last but not least the briljant restaurant Nahm with real flavours, punchy taste where needed and bringing out classic Thai cuisine to the tastebuds of 2014! allready looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Marcel, greetings from your home in Bangkok, it was really nice to have you back, really, really grateful for your visit and friendship.
It is so nice to read your comments and see that you continue to enjoy every little thing that means so much to us and the Metropolitan experience, a dedicated, warm and friendly team, great food all around the hotel, our very unique nahm restaurant which you have described brilliantly and a peaceful and quiet location, yet so close to it all.
On behalf of all your friends at Metropolitan, thanks a lot and looking forward to welcome you back. Jorge Monje
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for the first part of our honeymoon at the begining of March 14.
We arrived at the hotel after a long flight, hot and very exhausted, to be greeted by the general manager and the friendliest staff. The bedroom did not disappoint. The bed was huge along with the room and bathroom. Just what we needed after the flight over. There was a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us with a bowl of fruit and the smell from the fresh lillies was very welcoming. After the first night I found that the pillow was too hard and the hotel provided a softer one straight away without question. There was fresh bottled water provided daily as drinking the tap water is not recommended!
The breakfast in the hotel did not disappoint either. On the first morning we had eggs benedict and eggs royal.
The hotel staff were very accommodating and the very helpful lady at reception recommended a lovely Thai restaurant that was a five minute walk from the hotel which we ate at on out first night. She then also recommended a place called Thong Lo and pointed us in the direction of the Sky Train and we had a great experience travelling there to be met with a lively, vibrant area of Bangkok that we wouldn't have found on our own. We had drinks in Soi 13 in a place called SeenSpace 13 which was full of young, trendy locals and tourists with a DJ playing some cool house tunes. We found a lovely restaurant there called Roast and had the most amazing steak and delicious desserts.
We would recommend that whilst you stay here, pop next door to the Banyan Tree hotel and take the lift to the Vertigo Bar and Restaurant - even for just a cocktail. We were amazing by the views over the city and well worth a visit, even though we did feel the altitude and the drinks are fairly expensive.
After a long day of sight seeing, we ventured to the Shambola spa for a jacuzzi and steam room. However, the only slight disappointment, was to be faced with separate ones for males and females. This was quite a lonely experience as we expected a relaxing moment, together, away from the hustle and bustle.
We would also highly recommend a nearby restaurant called The Blue Elephant. We took a short taxi ride to find a beautiful, traditional house, in between 2 sky scrapers. We had the set menu which worked out about £50 each but was the best meal we had in the whole 3 weeks.

1 Thank Sarah T
Dear Sarah T, was great to have you with us, on behalf of all our team thanks a lot, they will be very happy to read your comments and compliments, glad you have enjoyed their company and service.
It means a lot to all of us that you have good memories of your stay and honeymoon, thanks as well for the very detailed and kind comments.
Please anything you may need from Bangkok, let us know and hopefully we might welcome you back very soon. Warm regards, stay well and happy. Jorge Monje