COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
2,107 results
All reviewsnahm restaurantglow restaurantthe banyan treecomo shambhalacity roomoutdoor showerterrace roomyoga matvertigo barour honeymoonsathorn roadsteam roombusiness districtstylish hotelsala daengfresh fruitrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel is like a large botique hotel. Very friendly, clean and professional. Breakfast buffet is a must. If Michelin ever gave stars to a breakfast buffet this deserves one. Eye appealing and robust. Better than Nahm. We also liked the location. Enjoyed the walk to the Sky Train with all the hawker stalls along the way. Took the Sky Train to the river taxi to get to the Grand Palace. Sure beats traffic. Be sure to use the pool. Towels were on the lounge chairs before I could sit down with a glass of ice water, and then there was someone handing me a dry towel as I got out of hte pool!

Room Tip: We were in a Metropolitan room with an extra bed for our daughter. Plenty of room for 3 people and amentities were top notch.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Alandkarin
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok and for your wonderful feedback.
I am happy to read that you had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. Furthermore, I appreciate your comment about our breakfast. Our delicious breakfast concept is very popular and renowned in Bangkok. It was also awarded to belong to the three best hotel breakfast in town. The concept with buffet and a la carte mixed makes our dishes healthy, fresh and with a very high quality.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed three nights, great rooms, lots of space and very clean. Staff all great BUT Beware, it is a long walk to sky BTS station and if you need a drink the hotel bar is very over the top price wise.
Taxis are cheap so overall I would recommend a stay for the loverly rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterEastDean
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear PeterEastDean
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok and for your feedback.
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our spacious and stylish Metropolitan rooms which belong to the largest standard rooms in Bangkok. (53m2)
I am sorry to read it seems we have not informed you precisely when it comes to the location of the hotel, in fact most of our guests find it extremely convenient as it is really central to all the main areas and attractions in Bangkok.
The river, temples, shopping and night life are easily reachable via BTS (sky train) and MRT (subway) both with stations within 10 minute comfortable and safe walk, plus plenty of local, dining, shopping and night life within walking distance as we are just across one street from Silom, Pat Pong, Suan Plu and the very nice Lumpini Park.
I will make sure to discuss with our team so we are a bit more proactive in this regard as the Metropolitan is indeed a great base to explore and discover this hectic and fun city.
We truly hope to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO for a visit or stay in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My mom and I stayed one night at Metropolitan Bangkok.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. They inquired about our plan, offer to provide any information we need. Once they knew we were leaving Bangkok late in the afternoon they even asked if we would like to have late check-out before we asked for it!

The next time we go to Bangkok we will definitely stay at Metropolitan!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear delphina
Many thanks for your positive comment and warmest recommendation following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. Especially, we are glad to read that you valued the friendly and welcoming attitude of our staff so highly. Please be assured that I will forward your compliments to the entire team. I am sure it will be motivating to them to continue their efforts in the same direction.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

After a rather sucesful stay in Uma by Como we tried Metrpolitan in bangkok to continue our honeymoon and our experience confirmed our idea that this hotel chain is a great choice for couples.
Bangkok traffic is one of the most frustrating experiences, so the location of this hotel played a crucial role in our Thailand experience, since its a 10 min walk to the sky train and 5 min walk to some of Bangkok most famous restaurants (Naj, Bankhanitha) also a cab ride from here to the famous L'bois our Blue Elephant should cost no more than 60 bat.
Anyway what made our experience go from excellent to outstanding was the dedication and service of all the hotel staff, on our first dat we were greeted by the hotel Manager Jorge Monje who made us feel as if we were at home, he was very attentive (typical from our last stay at Como) and super helpful providing us everything we needed from personal dinner recommendations to being very straightforward with recommendations on where not to go.
As if it wasn't enough we talked to him about us staying on our next destination in another hotel by Como (Cocoa Island) and he contacted the local manager who not only upgraded our room but received us personally and continued giving us a great service.
We really enjoyed our trip to Bangkok in great part due to the recommendations Jorge provided on our very touristy but useful map.

Room Tip: We got our room upgraded to celebrate our honeymoon so we got a room on the 7th floor that was facing the city with a very nice view , to our surprise since the hotel is separated from the street there was no noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Jose C
In behalf of Jorge Monje and during his absence I would like to thank you for your great feedback and your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
I am gratified to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon in Bangkok and the other COMO resorts you stayed. We are happy to hear you had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. It is our COMO mission to offer tailor made and personalized service to our guest. Our aim is to make you feel home and tribute our utmost attention and passion to the detail.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan or other COMO Resorts on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked this hotel after seeing other areas of Thailand and where I was returning to Bangkok for one night before I returned to England.

Upon my arrival the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Whilst I was checking in I was asked if I would like a late check-out, although I was leaving Bangkok in the evening I didn't feel it necessary and I was told that I would be able to use the facilities in the spa to shower and freshen up before I departed. I thought this was a lovely gesture and made me feel welcomed to the hotel and still be welcomed to use the hotel once I had checked out the next day.

After checking in I was shown to my room by the staff member who had checked me in and my luggage was left with the porter. I thought this was a nice touch rather than reception handing you over to a porter like some other hotels!

My room was very spacious, great layout and clean. The little touches like a personally addressed envelope containing a letter from the general manager, a selection of fruit and member of staff then attending my room with a welcome pot of tea were all greatly appreciated and made my arrival at the hotel feel a lot more special.

The bathroom had a separate bath and a wet area for the shower, with products from the Shambhala spa at the hotel, which all smelled gorgeous and I became hooked on the smell, this was also the same smell that permeated the lobby area.

As I was only staying for one night I had also arranged to meet friends who love in Bangkok for dinner and drinks. We agreed to dine at the hotels Michelin star restaurant Nahm, which has also been voted as the number one restaurant in Asia and the 32nd best restaurant in the world. I have to say that the food was an amazing taste sensation. Myself and a friend chose from the set menu which was shared between us. We got a selection of canapés and then we had to choose one dish from each of the sections of the menu. My friend had eaten there a few times before and said I wouldn't be disappointed with whatever we chose, and he was right. There was lots of food to share and it was all delicious.

My other friend cannot eat chillies as he's allergic to them so chose from the al a carte menu and asked for no chillies as most dishes on the menu had chilli in them, the kitchen had made his dishes without, which he was pleased about. The only negative about the menu were the desserts, not a great choice and also not a great taste combination and I had to leave mine.

Breakfast in the Glow restaurant was delicious too and there was plenty of choice. The staff were very friendly and polite.

After checking out at 12pm I then had things to do in Bangkok and planned to return to the hotel around 5pm to freshen up. As it was 32 degrees outside and after walking around the bustling city, I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to make use of the spa facilities.
Again the staff here were very friendly and the facilities were very nice. However the one facility I really wanted to use was the steam room but I was told by staff in the mens only area, that it wasn't working. The staff were apologetic and turned on the jacuzzi for me, so I took a soak in that instead, which was great after the hustle and bustle of Bangkok city. I then lay by the poolside and relaxed outside which was perfect and peaceful.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at the Metropolitan hotel and would recommend it to anyone. With it being a 5 star hotel it could be too pricey for some people. I was fortunate enough to pay for my stay through a reward scheme using my points and I partly expected a lower standard of room but this was not the case.

A fantastic stay, exceptional service, at an outstanding hotel. Will hopefully stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear DarrenH4
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience and we appreciate your favorable description and warmest recommendation of our Hotel. Furthermore, I am happy to hear that we were able to exceed the expectations with our special gestures such us late check-out, refreshment and special food preparation.
Please be assured that I will gladly share your encouraging words to all staff, as your praise is the finest recognition of our work.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future. Please let me know when I may be of assistance for your next visit. Until then we wish you all the best.