“A stylish hotel in Bangkok”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“A stylish hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of a trip to Bangkok. Given the amazing hustle and bustle of Bangkok, the Metropolitan has the feel of a great oasis in the city. We arrived to be offered green tea in the lobby - a nice touch.

We had a room on the 8th floor. The room was very stylish with a very comfortable super king size bed. A big plate of fresh fruit in the room was welcome.

The bathroom was beautiful with the most powerful shower I have encountered in a long time. A good selection of products was offered.

The breakfast selection was very good and hot food was well made.

The hotel is reasonably expensive and for Bangkok, I am sure you can find cheaper alternatives and still get a good room (See our review of Baan K Residence).

The major issue we had was noise from the next door room. At 12 am at night, the next door room seemed to be having a party and the noise coming through the connecting doors was very loud. We had to bang on the doors twice to get the shouting to stop - not what you expect in a hotel like this. Perhaps this is more of a problem with the guests than the hotel but I think the existence of connecting doors compounds this issue.

Whilst we enjoyed staying here, we would probably look for a cheaper alternative if we return to Bangkok in the future.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms with connecting doors (if there are any)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear 000mc000, warm regards from all of us at Metropolitan, we are very appreciative of your visit and your very good comments and feedback.
I do agree with you, the hotel is and feels as a great oasis in the city, great peaceful location and calming design, yet so close and connected to every main area and attraction in the city.
I'm only sorry that your stay have been affected by the noise in the room next door, completely understand and we are all very sorry for the inconvenience, we would have loved you had a perfect stay and experience.
If we could be of any help in the future, please let me know, meanwhile receive our best wishes. Jorge Monje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, UK
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'm a fan of this hotel and have stayed many times but on this occasion was in Bangkok for just 7hrs in between flights. I had the choice of hanging around in airports or leaving my luggage in storage and exploring. I instead decided to ask the hotel if I could get a room for a half day. Rather annoyingly they don't rent out rooms for anything less than a night - I originally felt rather moody about that but realise now it would have been a total waste of time anyway.

They suggested I opt for the spa use instead so for just £12 I arrived at the hotel at 3pm and had use of the spa facilities and pool all day until it was time to leave.

They stored my luggage and I became a pretend guest for an afternoon. And they really did treat me as if I were a guest. They charged my iPhone and iPad, they confirmed my next flight for me, suggested and booked a restaurant for me, arranged a taxi and bid me farewell as if I'd stayed there for a week.

I remembered why I was a fan of the hotel and can't wait to find a reason to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Mr J, was really nice to have you back if only for a few hours, we are very happy you felt at home again and are already looking forward to have you back.
On behalf of all your friends at Metropolitan, thanks a lot for your visit and very nice comments, it means a lot to us.
Have a wonderful day, Jorge Monje
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived in Bangkok after spending a relaxing week in Koh Samui. This hotel has been a real highlight of our stay. Beautiful decor, great service and amazing facilities. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Helena Z, so nice to read that all the family had a good time with us at Metropolitan, we are very grateful for your visit and kind words.
Please receive a big thank you on behalf of all our team and hopefully we will welcome you back very soon, anything you may need on advance, let me know. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel staff was really friendly and helpful. The manager even came out to greet us when we checked into the hotel. Room was big and clean.
The breakfast ala carte meal was unique and the food served look really nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sharon S, it was great to have you with us and all our team will be very happy and encouraged with your comments, we have already shared with them.
On their behalf receive a big thank you. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, should your travels bring you back to Bangkok, please let me know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, have a very nice day, Jorge Monje
hampshire
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had 2 nights here at the start of our holiday in Thailand. The hotel is lovely...... we all first noticed how nice the hotel smelled....... very spa and calming. Lovely toiletries , spacious stylish rooms , great breakfast. it is a little out of the way not being on the waterfront with many of the others of it's standard but is an oasis of peace after the heat and hustle and bustle of exploring this vibrant city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
JorgeMonje, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear colcar, hectic but indeed vibrant, lively and very interesting, Bangkok is a great city to keep on coming back to.
We have enjoyed having you with us, thanks a lot for your visit and your very kind review, on behalf of all our team a big thank you.
Really happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and those many little things that make the Metropolitan and all our COMO hotels very special, a home away from home.
Looking forward to have you back, please anything you may need from any of us, let me know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We only just left the metropolitan and we already miss it! The service was absolutely amazing. We stayed in the city room, the views were great and the room was cleaned twice daily and stocked with great smelling shampoo/conditioner and shower gel, bottled water and fresh towels. The pillows were so comfortable. Pool is lovely and big. All staff were all very helpful - ordered taxis as soon as you came downstairs (took down taxi details and everything). Great atmosphere! Absolutely love this place and will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Maddie M, we are missing you too! We are all very grateful for your visit and your kind words.
It means a lot to all of us that you had a nice stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back very soon, please should your travels bring you back to Bangkok, let me know, happy to be of assistance.
Meanwhile receive our warmest regards and smiles, have a very nice day. Jorge Monje
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights while passing through Bangkok.
The hotel is very attractive, luxurious and modern. The rooms are large and comfortable, with fantastic decor and lots of great little touches. I appreciated things like the fresh coffee, lovely toiletries and a complimentary bowl of exotic fruits. The staff extended a fantastic welcome and also allowed us to check in early which was handy. The breakfast was also amazing - possibly the best hotel breakfast I've ever had.
Unfortunately we didn't get to use the recreation facilites as the pool closed at 8.30pm, which I was pretty dissapointed about as it looked wonderful. Location isn't great either.
We also had (and are having!) a bit of an issue in that they charged us twice for the stay. This was a huge inconvenience for us. We were using a travelex currency card to avoid transaction fees, and the double charge wiped out a lot of the card balance. We had to use our credit cards for a few days following, incurring all sorts of charges, and it also led to an embarrasing situation of my card being rejected before I'd realised what had happened. I only had the travelex card on me at the time and so couldn't pay for items.
When we were passing through Bangkok again a week later, my husband made a special trip to go and see the staff there and get the matter resolved. The staff were less than helpful, and informed him it would be refunded in a few days. This was a week ago, and we have yet to be refunded.
It's a real shame as otherwise it would have been a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Lauren S
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your great feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time, although we could not meet your expectations with our pool opening times and location, which I truly regret. Unfortunately, it seems we have not been of much assistance when it comes to the location of the hotel, in fact most of our guests find it extremely convenient as it is really central to all the main areas and attractions in Bangkok, nevertheless the hotel is a bit set back from the main road, quite and peaceful for a city retreat.
I am incredibly sorry for the credit card incident at the end of your stay. I have contacted you by email today with the result of our investigation. This has been solved meanwhile and we sent you the proof of the bank. I truly apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused and that we could not keep you posted quicker and in a better and more satisfactory way.
I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and be able to show your our best hospitality again, please let me know should you need anything from Bangkok or in case your travels bring you back and you may want to consider giving us a second chance, happy to be of assistance.
Jann Hess, Executive Assistant Manager