“Excellent Hotel with Perfect Staff !!!”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Klang, Malaysia
“Excellent Hotel with Perfect Staff !!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff was brilliant! Especially Weera Taweesinsomboon (I think) from the Concierge. And I was really pleasantly surprised when he willingly help me to settle some issue beyond his job scope. Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear chunghong_83
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience. Please be assured that I will gladly share your encouraging words to all staff, especially to K. Weera who did an extraordinary job.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.
Warmest regards, Jann Hess, Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was great after arriving on a long flight from China, it was great to be greeted with well-trained staff. Good size room and a comfy bed were also the positives. I will be staying here again whenever I return to Bangkok. Thank-you

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear CaptainPlanet10
Many thanks for your positive comment and warmest recommendation following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. Please be assured that I will forward your compliments to the entire team.
We truly hope to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok for a visit or stay in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.
London
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first time in Bangkok and was at the end of an amazing trip to Northern Thailand where my expectations had been set quite high by the resort I had been staying at (Anantara Elephant Camp). Thankfully the Metropolitan didn't let me down and my entire trip was fabulous.

Staff were friendly and helpful, moving rooms for my friend, arranging dinner reservations and arranging taxis & various activities for us. The room was spacious and had everything I needed and the restaurant (Glow) was a great surprise with very healthy menu options .

Side note: The primary reason I am rating this "4" instead of "5" is because I had asked for a quiet room because I am a very, very light sleeper and I didn't get that. The room above me was loud (I was on the 7th floor), walking back and forth (where you could here every step) and it seemed like they were dragging furniture (?). Woke me up and/or kept me awake several times. I wasn't there long enough to warrant trying to discuss with staff, pack things up and move rooms or I would have.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a Metropolitan room and I am very glad that I was. It was very spacious and great...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear CASnowDog
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your great feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience. Furthermore, I feel very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise during night time. I regret we could not move you into another room because of your short stay. The Metropolitan Bangkok is well known for its quiet location 10 minutes walking distance of lively nightlife area Silom Road, very close to the BTS, sky train and MRT, subway and very central to any other are of interest in Bangkok which are easily reachable.
Please contact me prior to your next Bangkok visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and I will ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.
Brisbane
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok is a wonderful hotel. Smaller than some of the bigger hotels which makes it even better. Greeted at the airport with car waiting, wonderful checkin and room description. We had a beautiful suite on the 8th floor overlooking the pool. We had breakfast at Glow each morning - lovely healthy options and the best white egg omlette. Great facilities throughout the hotel. Large swimming pool especially for Bangkok. We dined at nahm and what an experience we had. A truely magnificent food experience - fabulous Thai cooking. The staff at this hotel are all so friendly and helpful.The housekeeping and turndown service is exceptional. We weren't to keen on the Met Bar - however we only went there once.
A great experience and would recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking onto the pool.
Dear FoxForce
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. Especially, we are glad to read that you valued the friendly and positive attitude of our staff so highly. Please be assured that I will forward your compliments to the entire team. I am sure it will be motivating to them to continue their efforts in the same direction.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great starting point for our Thailand holiday! The rooms were a good size, nicely decorated, and good amenities. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent, my only complaint is the price of breakfast - pretty expensive for Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jena W
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Jena W
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok and for your wonderful feedback.
I am happy to read that you spent a great time with us and I will forward your compliments to the entire team. Our breakfast at glow restaurant, which is served a la carte with a complementing buffet, contains many fresh and healthy options. The price for the buffet including hot dish from the menu is high quality and reasonably priced and very common comparing to 5-star Banyantree and Sofitel So hotel next door. However, we wish to thank you once again for your honest comment, which provides us to constantly re-evaluate ourselves to present our guests with a convincing experience.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok or one of COMO hotels and luxury resorts on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.
singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Perfect establishment. We signed up for the airport transportation and got promptly greeted and picked up in a 5-series with bottles of water and a comfortable 40-minute ride to the hotel. I must add that all staff of this hotel is exceptionally courteous and friendly. The rooms were really comfortably appointed, albeit a little sparse. There's a very comforting and relaxing aroma wafting in the spacious lobby as you walk in. It feels as if you're walking into someone's grand mansion more than a hotel. The hotel is nicely tucked in a quiet street and even though it's a stone's throw to the busy Sathorn road, it's incredibly tranquil... a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the Bangkok metropolis.

Dear bluecurrant
I am gratified to read that you had a great time with us and I will forward your compliments to the entire team. Furthermore, I appreciate your comment about our spacious lobby and the invigorate scent. It is great to read that you felt home at the Met Bangkok!
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok very soon!
Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Real value for the money...we paid for this trip...the staff ( everyone) is very helpful any time. Rooms are huge ( was a big surprise for me and my family) including the massive sized bathrooms.....the best thing...its so peaceful and tranquil....rooms have good city views and the restaurants serve high quality health conscious food....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear vagabond70
Thank you very much indeed for your fabulous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed your stay. The Met Bangkok offers a great value for money and our standard Metropolitan rooms belong to the biggest in town. (53m2)
Our delicious breakfast concept is very popular and renowned in Bangkok. It was also awarded to belong to the three best hotel breakfast in town. The concept with buffet and a la carte mixed makes our dishes healthy, fresh and with a very high quality.