“Helpful, convenient, elegant, good breakfast”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Helpful, convenient, elegant, good breakfast”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Pleasant staff, location convenient for central Bangkok restaurants (Nahm within the hotel, La Table de Tee, Gaggan and Issaya nearby. Sky bar at the banyan Tree hotel next door). Nice small pool, elegant spa, extensive breakfast including a course cooked to order from breakfast menu. Will store luggage for you so a convenient base at start and end of trip. Easy access to taxis and convenient for both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chervilandrubies
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear chervilandrubies
Many thanks for your positive comment and warmest recommendation following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. As you said in your comment The Met's location is great, a comfortable, easy walk to both BTS, sky train, and subway, very central to all other areas in the city and within walking distance of plenty of shopping, dining and night life, while been really peaceful and quiet, so definitely a great base from which explore and enjoy Bangkok.
We truly hope to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok for a visit or stay in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.
Warmest regards
Jann Hess, Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Fantastic hotel - spacious bedrooms and bathrooms, brilliant showers, luxury facilities including the spa, Asia's number 1 restaurant on the ground floor (albeit a bit spicy even for a spice-lover) and my favourite thing of all - the incredible breakfasts. Would thoroughly recommend and would be happy to stay here again on my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GemmaSainsbury
Dear GemmaSainsbury
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok and for your wonderful feedback.
I am gratified to read that you and your friends had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. Furthermore, I appreciate your comment about our delicious breakfast concept which is very popular and renowned in Bangkok. It was also awarded to belong to the three best hotel breakfast in town. The concept with buffet and a la carte mixed makes our dishes healthy, fresh and with a very high quality.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok or one of COMO hotels and luxury resorts on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.
Warmest regards
Jann Hess, Executive Assistant Manager
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had an excellent one night stay at the Metropolitan in June. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the facilities are top notch. We had time to use both the pool and the yoga studio which were great after a long day of travel. The staff was very friendly and helped make our stay a pleasant one, including packing us a breakfast when we had to be at the airport super early for a flight. If you have the time make sure you eat at Nahm, the food is delicious and the service is friendly and efficient. Staying at the Metropolitan was a great way to start our vacation. We would definitely stay there again the next time we are in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear fadochicago
Thank you very much indeed for your fabulous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed your stay.
Our renowned Thai restaurant nahm has been recognized as 'best restaurant in Asia' in 2014 on the San Pellegrino's Best 50.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I recently stayed at The Met Bangkok for the third time, and each time is total bliss. In chaotic Bangkok, the hotel is an oasis of calm, with fantastic service and a great pool. What really bowls me away each time are the F&B options- in particular the restaurant nahm in the lobby- as well as the ultra-healthy breakfasts available. I loved that someone knocked on the door to offer a range of fruits out of beautiful woven baskets!

Definitely my number one all time favourite in Bangkok. Needs to be tried to really understand what makes it so different from other business hotels!

Room Tip: Try out the spa, where they offer COMO Shambhala products & massages for less than at the actual...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pourquoipashk
Dear pourquoipashk
I am gratified to read that you had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. Furthermore, I appreciate your comment about our healthy and organic breakfast option as well our nahm restaurant which is number one in Asia according to San Pellegrino list. Our breakfast at Glow which is served a la carte with a complementing buffet with many fresh and healthy options, was voted in tripadvisor the 3rd best breakfast in the city.
Klang, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff was brilliant! Especially Weera Taweesinsomboon (I think) from the Concierge. And I was really pleasantly surprised when he willingly help me to settle some issue beyond his job scope. Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear chunghong_83
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience. Please be assured that I will gladly share your encouraging words to all staff, especially to K. Weera who did an extraordinary job.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was great after arriving on a long flight from China, it was great to be greeted with well-trained staff. Good size room and a comfy bed were also the positives. I will be staying here again whenever I return to Bangkok. Thank-you

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear CaptainPlanet10
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. Please be assured that I will forward your compliments to the entire team.
London
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first time in Bangkok and was at the end of an amazing trip to Northern Thailand where my expectations had been set quite high by the resort I had been staying at (Anantara Elephant Camp). Thankfully the Metropolitan didn't let me down and my entire trip was fabulous.

Staff were friendly and helpful, moving rooms for my friend, arranging dinner reservations and arranging taxis & various activities for us. The room was spacious and had everything I needed and the restaurant (Glow) was a great surprise with very healthy menu options .

Side note: The primary reason I am rating this "4" instead of "5" is because I had asked for a quiet room because I am a very, very light sleeper and I didn't get that. The room above me was loud (I was on the 7th floor), walking back and forth (where you could here every step) and it seemed like they were dragging furniture (?). Woke me up and/or kept me awake several times. I wasn't there long enough to warrant trying to discuss with staff, pack things up and move rooms or I would have.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a Metropolitan room and I am very glad that I was. It was very spacious and great...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear CASnowDog
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your great feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience. Furthermore, I feel very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise during night time. I regret we could not move you into another room because of your short stay. The Metropolitan Bangkok is well known for its quiet location 10 minutes walking distance of lively nightlife area Silom Road, very close to the BTS, sky train and MRT, subway and very central to any other are of interest in Bangkok which are easily reachable.
Please contact me prior to your next Bangkok visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and I will ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.