“Trendy and Good”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #21 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great Hotel. Center of business district. Close to Silom and many great venues such as Maggie Choo's, Kudeta and etc.
Staff are very nice and helpful.
Also home of Nahm, the #1 rated restaurant awarded by Asia's 50 Best Restaurants.
A short taxi ride to the BTS (Sky Train) and MRT (Underground Train)

Room Tip: The Metropolitan room was quite larger than i expected. Nice bed and soft pillows!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear supamarkk
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.
Jann Hess, Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I wish we could've stayed here much longer: our room with a king bed, the pool, the gym, the service, everything was fantastic, really left me wanting for nothing. And the breakfast is beautiful with something for everyone (even raw food options!), although it was a little bit unclear what all could be ordered (for example, if you order coffee they will automatically bring a pot but if you ask you can get espresso/latte etc., who knows what they can make if you ask!). All in all, this hotel truly is as good as the reviews it gets. Highly recommended (might stop off in Bangkok again just to stay here).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALaunonen
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear ALaunonen
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your great feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok.
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience and we appreciate your favorable description and warmest recommendation of our hotel. Furthermore, I am happy to hear that we were able to exceed the expectations with our delicious breakfast.
Please be assured that I will gladly share your encouraging words to all staff, as your praise is the finest recognition of our work.
I definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok in the near future. Until then I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The stay here was fantastic. The staff were friendly and could not do enough for us. The king room was great and big and we were serviced twice a day and had a beautiful fruit platter every day. In the late afternoon our ice bucket was filled. The Met bar made a great pizza. We were allowed to check out at 4pm and used the fantastic facilities on the 2nd floor to freshen up and pamper ourselves for our long flight home at midnight. Every detail was thought of and I felt so refreshed after pampering myself in this beautiful room with jacuzzi and nothing but the best products. I loved the eucalyptus, peppermint and lavender body lotion and all of the other products. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from some great markets where you can buy anything. We loved our stay here and would like to say thank you for your wonderful service. I would definitely recommend to friends and family and the price was very reasonable too.

Room Tip: King room was lovely and big with very nice bathroom
1  Thank Dazza1960

Dear Dazza1960
Many thanks for your positive comment and warmest recommendation following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that we could meet your expectations. Especially, I am glad to read that you valued the friendly and positive attitude of our staff so highly. Please be assured that I will forward your compliments to the entire team. I am sure it will be motivating to them to continue their efforts in the same direction.
I truly hope to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok for a visit or stay in the near future. Until then I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently stayed for two nights at the end of our honeymoon. We were both taken back by how warm and friendly their staff were on arrival. The room was modern and stylish, while still being comfortable. The fixtures and fittings were luxurious too. We were most impressed by the breakfast, which was the best we had during our two week stay in Thailand. Nahm restaurant is also located inside, which served by far the best food we had in Thailand. The location is OK, only a few minute walk to local transport links. Overall, we had a great stay and would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tomtapper
Thank you very much indeed for your fabulous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed your stay.
As you have mentioned our delicious breakfast concept is very popular and renowned in Bangkok. It was also awarded to belong to the three best hotel breakfast in town. The concept with buffet and a la carte mixed makes our dishes healthy, fresh and with a very high quality.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been to Bangkok 16 times and now I found the perfect hotel to go back to! The Metropolitan is the best. Rooms are spotlessly clean and huge; breakfast is varied, fresh and delicious, the staff can't be more welcoming. I do hope they can keep their great rates throughout the year then I will be definitely come back for more. Location is not the best but all else makes up for the 15-minute walk to Saladaeng BTS Station or the Lumpini metro station.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ekvall
Jann H, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Ekvall
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO Bangkok and for your wonderful feedback.
I am gratified to read that you had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. We have always attractive promotions and packages throughout the year. Please contact me prior to your next Bangkok visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and I will ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Everything was spot on from the start to finish with this hotel. We got (actually double) upgraded to their signature room that was huge! There was fresh fruits waiting in the room in addition to the tea service after the check in.

The hotel spa has yoga and pilates classes available free of charge three times a day which is a great bonus. The spa is classy but a bit expensive since Bangkok has so many options for spas. Outdoor pool is nice and the service there is perfect.

The rooms are huge and well kept. Room service twice a day has you covered.

The location is not perfect since it takes about 10 min to the nearest MRV station and in the heat that will cover you in sweat but I did not see this as an issue. Near are several good dining opportunities and the hotel restaurant Nahm is good but the food is really spicy.

Will definitely visit this hotel next time in BKK

Dear Olli-Pekka P
I look forward to hearing from you. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in a Metropolitan room.

The hotel is easy to find, right next door to Banyan Tree.

Valet parking was fuss free, and check in was swift and efficient.

The room orientation was not really necessary, because there were no hidden switches to operate the blinds and you don't need a degree to turn on the TV, adjust the air conditioner or open the room safe.

The room is spacious and has everything you need. Good air conditioning, thick fluffy towels, comfy beds with feather doonas, large screen TV with DVD player, blackout curtains and plenty of free drinking water. For some reason on our first day the hot water in the shower had very little pressure, but that fixed itself from day two on.

Our package included complimentary WiFi (it worked very well) and breakfast.

Breakfast was one of the best I've ever had. It's a mixture of a la carte and buffet. The a la carte selections are incredibly good, with a mix of my traditional favourites like Eggs Benedict and healthier options with less fat and salt. I'm still thinking about the smoked salmon, avocado, cottage cheese on seven grain toast topped with a perfect poached egg.

Ask about the complimentary activities at the hotel. We loved our yoga session - the instructor was wonderful. Pilates was not really my bag, but we also enjoyed it.

The pool is warm and great for a few laps to stretch the body out after a day of shopping, or after a workout. It's about 25 metres long I think. The pool attendants supply iced drinking water but remember to take your goggles as it's quite salty.

The gym is well equipped with cardio machines and weights, and the bathrooms associated with the spa and gym are luxurious. Both the male and female bathrooms have a steam room and Jacuzzi.

We had a few delicious cocktails and tapas dishes at the Met bar one night. Nice ambiance, though we'd recommend you also walk over to the rooftop bar at Banyan Tree next door which has far more wow factor.

And talking of ambiance, and because this review has been nothing but glowing, the one thing we weren't that impressed with was the ambiance of Glow, the breakfast venue. There is something about the furniture and lighting that made it look to us like a university dining room. I'm sure others would love it, maybe describing it as post modern chic, Scandinavian, Zen-like, simple or something else. It just didn't resonate with us (though we did comfortably linger there reading the papers over a leisurely breakfast!)

All the staff are brilliant but I'd like to make special call outs to the parking and baggage valet (great first impression), the yoga instructor (professional, encouraging and friendly), our room service attendant (who swiftly kept us in good supply of ice, drinking water, razor kits etc ) and the night concierge (helpful and friendly).

We loved the Metropolitan and would definitely recommend it. While not quite as convenient to the major shopping centres as hotels in Sukumvit, the facilities, the breakfast, the staff more than outweigh it.

We will be back.

1  Thank Phil004

Dear Phil004
It makes us proud to read that our team was able to turn your stay into such a delightful experience and we appreciate your favorable description and warmest recommendation of our hotel. Furthermore, we are happy to hear that we were able to exceed the expectations with our delicious breakfast and service quality of our staff.
We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan Bangkok in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.
Warmest regards