“What a treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Pattaya, Thailand
“What a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were on an over-night visit to Bangkok planning a trip for a small group of international ladies. We checked into the Metropolitan Bangkok having already had a long, hot day, with quite a bit more work to do. How nice it was to be met at check-in by such friendly and competent staff, as well as finding the room so comfortable, clean, and well designed. We only needed a little help getting connected to the internet, but it certainly wasn't a problem. The bathroom design is well thought out, and the beds are perfect. As is the selection at breakfast. We were both impressed and would very much like to bring our group to the Metropolitan for our stay. A big thank you to the management and staff there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Peggy W,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay and would like to return with your group.

Your comments and feedback are valued and appreciated, assisting us in refining our services and amenities.

I hope to meet you during your future visit and invite you to contact me directly if I can help in any way. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok.

Michael Rawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Monument, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was spacious and luxurious. We had a midnight flight. We checked out in the morning and stored our bags for one last day of touring. They allowed us to use the spa facilities to shower upon returning in the evening before dinner at Nahm. Everything about this hotel exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Tamara R,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I was happy to read your comments and have shared them with my associates.

I especially enjoyed seeing we were able to maximize your last day and you could then depart refreshed for the trip home.

When your plans include a return trip to Bangkok we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Metropolitan.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our recent stay at the Metropolitan Bangkok has it all. The utilitarian modernity, the great service, central location and great cocktails. It's our second time there, and, in comparison to the other hotels, it offers a great marriage - European efficiency with Thai hospitality.

The hotel boasts a location near the ruckus of downtown Silom, but far away to offer tranquility for those who are seeking some spa rejuvenation, which is available in its full glory by the hotel. On top of that it has three exceptional restaurants: Glow ( a brunchy organic all-white decore dig), The Met Bar (the perfect pre-drinking well-mixed bar and tapas) and Nahm (a top-notch Thai restuarant that can get spicy). Plus, the pool is just incredible.

A lovely pick for a great Bangkok weekend and the rates are not too shabby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Flight965,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We enjoyed reading your comments and are very happy you enjoyed your stay. You touched on so many of the services and amenities that make the Metropolitan by COMO a true lifestyle hotel here in Bangkok.

We hope to see you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back when your plans include a return trip to Thailand.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently stayed at this property for my third time and it keeps getting better. Great location, amazing rooms, very helpful staff and excellent breakfast. The rooms are very tastefully furnished with dark wood floors and a clean simple design. They are very spacious and the bathrooms are a nice layout with open walk-in showers. The rooms are spotless.
There is a very large pool, great for swimming laps. The gym is large and has a nice selection of cardio and weight machines.
The selection for breakfast is not huge but well presented and tasty. They have a both healthy and traditional breakfast choices.
A visit to their restaurant Nahm for lunch or dinner is a must. Great Thai dishes and all very unique. Also try the Met Bar, their Thaitini (sp?) is the best I have had.
My only complaint is their pool lounge chairs are not comfortable, they need to be changed.
I have stayed in over 15 hotels in Bangkok and this is by far my favorite. I was there for business and I liked it so much I extended by stay for leisure. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Christophpr,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy you have made the Metropolitan by COMO your home in Bangkok, and are especially pleased you feel we are the best hotel in the City.
Our city center location makes us popular for business and leisure, and we strive to provide the finest amenities and services. That said, I will look into the poolside chaise lounges as comfort is essential.

We appreciate your comments and value your input. I look forward to meeting you and to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan.

Warmest regards,

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Excellent value for a large, clean room and excellent staff. Manager introduced himself and offered services and I asked him to arrange transport for I was there on business. Seamless and perfect. My firm uses this hotel for business but I would stay here for personal travel as well. Love it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear ctwino,

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review you posted on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know your stay was seamless and perfect. I will be sure to pass along your comments as I know how much my associates will enjoy them.

When your future plans include a return trip to Bangkok, I hope you will contact me directly as I would enjoy looking after your reservation personally.

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We first just stayed there one night as a layover and returned to celebrate my partner's 30th. The birthday cake they left us in the room had a hooked. Every time we go we are welcomed by that wonderful smell in the lobby. They always leave us a nice personalized note and the staff are all so kind and helpful. It's a really convenient location and I highly recommend giving them a try.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Dear ThomasSP,

Thank you for the wonderful review you posted on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are delighted you keep coming back as there isn't a higher compliment. We hope you will continue celebrating birthdays at the Metropolitan Bangkok and are happy to know you appreciated the personal touches.

I hope you will contact me directly when your plans include a return trip to Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon.

Warmest regards,

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Metropolitan for almost a week with a friend on a holiday visit to Thailand. We considered several hotels but we eventually decided on the Metropolitan mainly because of its excellent and very competitive promotional rate and perfect location in the city. We were not disappointed. This hotel is one of the best I have visited. It is elegantly designed on a minimalist theme. The level of service is consistently slick and the staff are friendly and helpful at all times. There is definitely a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude from the entire workforce which is unusual in most hotels.

We had a twin room which was huge and an equally big bathroom. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the room service, we felt, was exceptional. Breakfast was a treat everyday and the pool service is very attentive. The remarkable feature was that although the hotel was fairly full, the rooms were incredibly quiet. I had the best nights' sleep I have ever had in any hotel.

Facilities are really good - very good sized swimming pool (another reason for our choice), great spa with some wonderful treatments on offer and a fantastic restaurant which is one of the best in the area. There is also a well equipped gym.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - in fact when I go back to Bangkok I won't even bother considering anything else. I loved this hotel.

Room Tip: The Metropolitan rooms are the best. The city rooms seem smaller. The terrace rooms can be dark bu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear hertstraveller_7,

Thank you for the glowing review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I will be sure to share your kind words with my associates as I know how much they will enjoy they.

When your future plans include a return trip to Bangkok, I hope you will contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your stay.