I enjoyed my stay at the Metropolitan. I had been elsewhere in Thailand before coming here and found the cool city atmosphere a great contrast to beach and sea days. The room (Metropolitan) was very comfortable with a good city view - maybe we lucked out there reading previous reviews, breakfast great, dinner in the Cyan restaurant impressive, although as with nearly all hotel restaurants it is a shame they are so often too quiet. Didn’t use the pool, but the spa/steam rooms were good as was the service generally during our stay. Taxis, sky train, tuk-tuk and especially the river boats were a lot fun and so cheap and close by to get around and explore the city – and we found coming back to this peaceful and relaxing hotel a very nice experience. It doesn’t matter that you are slightly further away from the bright lights as long as you have planned eating before you return/going by taxi somewhere in the evening or want to eat in the hotel as there isn’t a huge amount food wise within walking distance. One slightly dodgy restaurant recommendation from the staff, which turned out to be a touch too touristy for us, but that’s personal taste I guess and the cocktails at the met bar made up for it. Overall a very enjoyable stay, but how odd is it that a hotel of this kind with the competition that there must be in Bangkok for good hotels wants to charge (a not insignificant amount) for internet in your room?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel