“A calm, peaceful oasis in Bangkok's chaos.”

COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Love this hotel!

Much more personal than your average Bangkok chain-hotel, the Met is just fantastic. Our room was very reasonable, large, clean, with the nicest toiletries I've ever used in a hotel.

Food in the hotel is decent, if on the expensive side. The main restuarant Cy'an is worth visiting, but don't miss the healthier option of Glow (Courgette and Cranberry cake - amazing!).

The spa is really the hotel's best asset. Very well-priced massages and treatments, a fantastic fitness centre, very chic pool - it was the spa that kept us relaxed and blissed out in a normally hectic, bustling city.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

dear abwriter,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the review you posted on TripAdvisor and value your endorsement.

We hope to see you again and when your plans include a trip to Bangkok, I invite you to contact me directly to oversee your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO.

Michael Rawson

There are newer reviews for COMO Metropolitan Bangkok

Reviewed 11 March 2010

I admit that I do not like "boutique hotels" but this one I was pleased with. It looks new though I am not sure how old it is, service is great and price even GREATER YET.
I think it is 5-stars at the rate of US$130 a night in a great and safe location, not far from the city. I had a meeting about a mile from this hotel. The cab cost me about $3.

However, if you are planning on having the hotel set up your pick up in the Mercedes, it will cost you half the hotel rate (yes, a whopping US$60+) I cannot tell how much it would be taking a taxi cab but the hotel is far from the Airport. I am a safe traveller so I trust the hotel's transportation. I am extremely careful about this. But I admit I thought the transportation provided from the airport to the hotel was a bit expensive.

Breakfast was included and it was a FULL breakfast. Beautiful too. Very "decorated".
I would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Superlatives all around...incredibly helpful staff, personalized service, comfortable rooms (outdoor shower and patio in central Bangkok!!) and one of the best fitness centers in a hotel that I've ever encountered. The two restaurants offered incredible food choices (one more organic, one more traditionally Thai), and the Met Bar was chic and inviting. Loved this hotel...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We had a conference in February and we chose the Metropolitan Bangkok and here's my thoughts of this wonderful hotel, a gem in my mind.

Day 1:
I arrived into Bangkok and decided that I will save some money on the transportation and took a local cab and boy, did I made the wrong decision, I should have spent the money and gotten the hotel's limo so fetch me from the airport. While the cost was relative cheap, it took over 2.5 hours just to get to the MET BKK and the reason being the cab ran out of gas. So silly of me and never will I save that amount of money.

Anyway, I finally arrived at the MET BKK and lobby was impressive and trendy and I checked in like really quick, I am sure it took well within 3-5 minutes. Went up the elevator and went into my room and the room was stunning and big, huge bed, the toilet was wonderfully big and I have been in some Bangkok hotels and I must say that MET BKK room that I was staying in was huge and gave space to move around.

I went downstair to GLOW one of their two restaurant for a quick bite and the food was impressive as it has something to do with COMO Shambhala cuisine (wellness).

The evening, we had our welcome cocktail reception by the pool, I like the pool, it was situated on street level, food was great and impressive, we had a local cultural music in the background and the weather was great that night.

After the cocktail reception, I asked for an iron and ironing board and I was totally blown away by the thoughtfulness of the Housekeeping staff who came to set up the iron and ironing board and he brought something else with him - Spray-On Starch, now that's what I call thoughtfulness, I have travel to many and stayed in many a hotels but none brought a Spray-On Starch for me, when I ask for an iron and ironing board.

Day 2:
Morning breakfast at Glow again - wonderful meal and juices - excellent. We started the conference in their conference room which was modern and trendy. The morning and afternoon snacks were totally out of this world, I just can't stop eating throughout the conference, I must have gain a couple of pounds over that 3 days of conference.

Lunch with great, we had our lunch at CYAN, their other restaurants,

All the audio-visual equipments worked and I had no problems with my presentation as I had a MacBook Pro and some of my colleagues had other brand of laptops.

The night after the conference, we all gather at the MET Bar to unwind and catch up with my other overseas colleagues, the bar was spacious and had great food too.

Day 3:
End of conference, breakfast at GLOW was again great and lunch and conference break snacks were great too, I was still eating too much of the good food.

For final night, we organize a cocktail reception at the Presidential suite, which was great for us to mingle around and then we headed down to CYAN for our farewell dinner, I probably had the best Wagyu beef (medium rare) ever for my main course and the dessert was equally wonderful. The hotel was kind enough to arrange a cultural show for us as we wanted something cultural and it was not too long a show for us to manage.

Again, we head over to the MET Bar for our final night together as a group. Wonderful fun we had that night, I will not go into the details. but it was a great night out nonetheless.

Day 4:
Departure checkout was quick, the hotel sent me an express checkout document the night before, I still did the old fashion checkout at the front desk and checkout was quick.

There were 5 of us leaving to the airport and the hotel organized a mini-bus to send us to the airport and when we got to the airport, there was a hotel staff waiting there to assist us with the airport check-in.

So my final thought is if I am going back to Bangkok for either leisure or business, I will return to stay at the Metropolitan Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank felixyeo
Reviewed 7 March 2010

This hotel is fine, however at this level in Bangkok there is no reason to settle for fine. It's the little things that drag it down, for example only 10 loungers by the pool, after that you get to lie on a mattress on the ground between the other loungers.
No iPod docks in the room. Tired decor in the hallways. Staff do enough but don't really try much more than that.

As i said in the title go next door to the Sukhothai if you like the location but want a little more style.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

After two weeks of travel in Cambodia and Thailand, I spent a few days at the Metropolitan Bangkok at the end of my Southeast Asia holiday. My stay at the Metropolitan was indeed a highlight of the journey. The atmosphere and location are wonderful, and every aspect of the hotel is incredible- the rooms, Met Bar, Cyan, service, etc. Room service was outstanding, and I really enjoyed the food at Cyan and the tasty drinks at the Met Bar. The Metropolitan is easily accessible to all major attraction in Bangkok, and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a comfortable stay in an otherwise hectic city.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2010

A wonderful sense of calm in the midst of Bangkok's mayhem. This hotel is a ten minute walk form Silom and it's Skytrain station and the same to the tranquillity of Lumpini Park.
Everything is just right about this place. It's not one of your Bangkok bland business hotels at all. A real treat.
The Met Rooms are peaceful, calm and beautifully laid out with wooden floors and white walls, calming lighting and the bathrooms are all cool marble. The bed is something else- a real luxury.
The pool is beautiful, you can even hear the birds singing!
I could go on and on about the breakfast at Glow, the friendly staff, the gym, the cold towels and free bottled water but I have to leave something for you to discover for yourself.
I've stayed in plenty of places in Bangkok that have been of the same standard but The Met just rises above everything else and then some.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo