The service was pretty good, the staff were all friendly and attentive.
The room was nice and bedding super comfy.
I spent alot of time lying by the pool. The breakfast restaurant was pretty good. They were aiming for a healthy, tasty mix and it's pretty spot on. I liked the wheat grass decorations in the cafe too.
It was a bit annoying having to ask to have my room cleaned everyday. And they didn't restock my mini bar... I think it was because I had a miscommunication with the manager about paying my bill.
My main gripe about the hotel is the location. There really isn't that many places to eat around here. It's fine if you want to walk 10 minutes to Sala Daeng but if you are a bit tired it's a drag having to plan an outing. The hotel food is pretty expensive for Bangkok but then it is a hotel afterall....
It's pretty cheap getting taxis around Bangkok and the staff were very good about hailing reliable cabs for me.
I would recommend this hotel if you just want to hang around the grounds or Sala Daeng. I liked Sala Daeng...there is alot of weird stuff going on. The plus side of the out of the way location is that it is quiet and nice, a great respite from the bustle, dirt, and relentless chaos of Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel