“try me”

Ranked #299 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Cairns, Australia
“try me”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

If you want a 3 star hotel near sky train Saphan Taksin and close to river this may be for you.Prices aare around 1200-1300 baht including buffet breakfast.The hotel has nice clean rooms, nice pool , good gym and free internet which always works. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is easy walking distance from sky train and the yellow building can be seen on left on arriving to the sky train station.
The area is good because has many good restaurants and easy access to river tours or general river services.
Avoid the trouts offering you tours near the sky train and tut tut operators.Many stores selling gems and semi precious stones in this area but I have no idea if the prices are good..
Downside with the hotel was after a few weeks the breakfast was boring with the same selections each day.
Probably another downside is that the hotel has no restaurant but there are many restaurants in the near neighbourhood

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on same level to pool if you want to use the pool sauna on a regular basis...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank frank l
asterasathorn, ผู้อำนวยการฝ่ายขาย at Astera Sathorn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your great review !

We pleased that you can give many good reasons so that, why you choose our hotel.

Anytime you visit BKK. Please visit Astera Sathorn !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Macau
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I had a really excellent time at this hotel. I found the hotel staff extremely friendly, attentive, and easy to talk to. There is construction on one side of the hotel but I did not hear it at all on my end. I slept very well every night and found the hotel very quiet. The pool, gym, and sauna/steam room are very nice. Every day, the hotel stocked my fridge with a beer, soda, water, and some bag of chips. What could be better! I have to say this location is ideal. It literally is a 5 minute walk to the Sky Train as well as the Central Pier where you can take the ferry wherever you need to go in Bangkok which sure beats sitting in a tuk tuk or taxi. I felt so lucky at the end of the day to arrive at the pier from the ferry and watch most tourists getting on the sky train to get to their hotels and I was just a 5 minute walk home. Also, this area is a great mix of tourist accessible and a real local feel. Definitely check out a good little night market in the back of the Shangri-La.

Room Tip: My room was 602 which I think was the side where there was no construction
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Perth
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My family of 5 were treated so well by the Astera staff, they accommodated our upgrade request without hesitation, the Royal suite was perfect, b/fast nice, room cleaned really well and front of house staff so polite. After staying in Singapore the week before and paying 300% more than the Astera, we really appreciated what the Astera offered. To the previous post, we saw the incident you refer to at b/fast, I think a communication mis-understanding played a major part in your frustration also a lesson learned to bring your own sweetener in future. I don't think the staff were being disrespectful at all, I think they were surprised by your aggression.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank spajs
Thank you for review and your great support Astera Sathorn Hotel !

We're very appreciated that you like our Royal Suite room that suitable for your family ( 5 paxs )

Please come back again next time.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I was moved to this hotel after there sister hotel Silom city hotel had extremely loud building work, I was greeted with extreme rudeness from the staff (the worse I have ever received from a hotel) I was made to wait another 2 hours before they gave me my room. The room was ok but the staff continued to abuse me throughout my stay, they never put any tea or coffee in my room ad when asked they just kept laughing at me, they stole 500 baht from me and refused to give it back. In the morning the breakfast staff where extremely rude and kept standing around us and talking in Thai and laughing In my face, I had to record the whole incident on my phone and intend to take this further, I asked several times to speak to the manager and the staff just laughed, there English is very bad and it's pointless asking for anything, overall I would say this is the worst experience of any hotel I have ever stayed in, I would strongly recommend anyone to not stay in this hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was very doubtful about this hotel after reading a couple of reviews . But I must confess that the stay was really good ! My room was at the topmost floor and although the room faced the busy Bangkok road , it was not at all noisy. There was absolutely no noise seeping !!

My first impression of the hotel was frankly not too great - I would attribute it to the small lobby and the layout of the hotel. But once you step in , it not at all small . Its in fact very spacious and extremely clean. The Rooms were not huge , not not small either. The bathrooms were spacious and clean.

Coming to the Hotel - I did read a couple of reviews that said they were rude etc etc etc. Absolutely NOT ! They were helpful and extremely accommodating. They were not fluent in English , but you cannot hold it against them. The little English that they spoke was more than enough for me to communicate with them.

Overall a nice stay !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anishatrez
Thank you for your review.

We glad that you like our service and hope to see you again next time.

If you have any question please feel free to contact us.
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

The room was fine but bedsheets and bath not that clean. A/C loud and full of bacteria.
Location is ok, staff is ok.
Wifi is very annoying, you have to call the reception every 30-60 mins for a new username and password. Extremely bothersome and primitive.
Worst, we got charged 300 bath (10$) for a lost key card!
10$ for a piece of plastic that is worth 1$ at most!!
This is a gangster bully way to make exthort money from customers.
Good tv channels. Nit the manager is nice.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ariko1
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in August. Upon arrival, we got a free upgrade to a Junior Suite! The room was fantastic and our stay was excellent. Pros - 2 min walk from BTS station, good breakfast, very helpful staff. Cons - food menu priced a little on the higher side, pool under construction.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple