We stayed here during our honeymoon, but it really wasn't right for the occasion. This is definitely a business hotel.
Property: The property itself is nice. The rooms are nothing special, but they're clean, updated and well kept. The lobby is lovely, and the bar mixes up some nice cocktails.
Service: Housekeeping did their job, but the hotel sent up a cake for our honeymoon, which housekeeping promptly threw out once they got in there. It was a bummer.
Neighborhood: Not a great tourist neighborhood, at least for newbies. There wasn't a lot going on in the evening, and not many things seem to be walking distance away. A few restaurants nearby were hidden away, but they weren’t open late, and the only bar - which everyone kept trying to send us to - was the one featured in the movie "The Hangover 2." It was nice for a drink, but wasn't our cup of tea night after night.
Boat transportation: The Royal Orchid may have the nicest shuttle boat on the river! But it runs very infrequently. Only on our last night did we realize there was a public dock next door that has boats stopping all over the river (and where you can hire someone to ride you through some of the smaller canals).
Concierge: Extremely helpful. Answered all of our many questions with a smile. Everyone working at the concierge desk, and the staff hailing cabs, were great.
My main beef was that they kicked us out of the pool, telling us it was closed, then proceeded to let a lap swimmer - who seemed to know the staff - go swimming. C'mon? Really? It shouldn’t have been a big deal, but it certainly didn’t make us feel good.
So my recommendation - if you're in town for business, or you're going to be doing something specifically in that area of town, consider it. But it's not right for couples or folks looking to do the common tourist-y stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions.Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our six restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms.All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations, featuring subtle Thai style and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton